|Birthname||Hans Lebrecht Meerwein|
|born on||20 May 1879 at 14:30 (= 2:30 PM )|
|Place||Hamburg, Germany, 53n33, 9e59|
|Timezone||LMT m9e59 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||29°08' 21°49 Asc. 03°40'|
German chemist whose name is lent to several reactions and reagents, most notably the Meerwein–Ponndorf–Verley reduction, the Wagner–Meerwein rearrangement, the Meerwein arylation reaction, and Meerwein's salt.
He died on 24 October 1965, aged 86, in Marburg, West Germany.
- (has as) student relationship with Lipmann, Fritz Albert (born 12 June 1899)
Sy Scholfield provided birth registry entry from Hamburg Archives. Death data in margin.
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 86)
- Vocation : Science : Chemistry
- Notable : Famous : Founder/ originator ("Meerwein–Ponndorf–Verley reduction")
- Notable : Famous : Founder/ originator ("Wagner–Meerwein rearrangement")
- Notable : Famous : Founder/ originator ("Meerwein arylation reaction")
- Notable : Famous : Founder/ originator ("Meerwein's salt")