Medici, Piero di Lorenzo de
|born on||15 February 1472 Jul.Cal. (24 Feb 1472 greg.) at 03:45 (= 03:45 AM )|
|Place||Firenze, Italy, 43n46, 11e15|
|Timezone||LMT m11e15 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||04°54' 10°41 Asc. 04°32'|
Italian nobleman, a member of the powerful Medici family, known as "Piero the Unfortunate," he was gran maestro of Florence from 1492 until his exile in 1494.
He was the eldest son of Lorenzo de' Medici (Lorenzo the Magnificent) and Clarice Orsini. He was raised alongside his younger brother Giovanni, who would go on to become Pope Leo X, and his cousin Giulio, who would later become Pope Clement VII.
He married the Tuscan noblewoman Alfonsina Orsini. They had two children, Lorenzo II, Duke of Urbino (1492-1519) and Clarice de' Medici (1493-1528) who married Filippo Strozzi the Younger.
Piero was accused of betraying the republic and forced to flee for his life. He was in exile when he drowned after a battle on 28 December 1503 in the Garigliano River, Italy.
- parent->child relationship with Medici, Lorenzo II de (born 12 September 1492 Jul.Cal. (21 Sep 1492 greg.))
- child->parent relationship with Medici, Lorenzo de (born 1 January 1449 Jul.Cal. (10 Jan 1449 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Pope Leo X (born 11 December 1475 Jul.Cal. (20 Dec 1475 greg.))
- other kin relationship with Strozzi, Leone (born 16 October 1515 Jul.Cal. (26 Oct 1515 greg.)). Notes: Grandkin
- Death by Accident 28 December 1503 Jul.Cal. (7 Jan 1504 greg.) (Drowned, age 30)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Sy Scholfield cites baptismal/birth record quoted in Piero de Medici and the Crisis of Renaissance Italy by Alison Brown (Cambridge University Press, 16 Jan 2020), page 9: "Florence, Opera del Duomo, registri battesimali, 3, p.224: 'Piero Giovanni et Romolo di Lorenzo di Piero di Cosimo de' Medici... nacque dì 15 a hore 10, ba<ptezza>to a dì 16'."
(Translation: born on the 15th in the 10th hour, baptized on the 16th). In Florentine Time the day started at sunset, about 5:45 PM LMT, so 10 hours later would be 3:45 AM LMT).
Previously this entry had same data rated C (Orig source not known): "NN No.468 quotes Junctinus No.154, February 15, 1472/73 OS."
- Family : Childhood : Advantaged (Nobility)
- Family : Childhood : Family noted (Powerful, Medicis)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Two)
- Family : Parenting : Kids - Noted
- Passions : Criminal Perpetrator : Civil/ Political (Betrayed republic)
- Personal : Death : Accidental (Drowned)