|Birthname||Clinton Owens McMahan|
|born on||24 August 1930 at 15:30 (= 3:30 PM )|
|Place||Dallas, Texas, 32n47, 96w48|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||00°58' 11°36 Asc. 01°45'|
American born big band musician who played trumpet with the Lawrence Welk orchestra from 1966 to 1982.
After high school, following a stint in the US Army, he played with Les Brown's band on The Steve Allen Show and later toured with Brown's band on overseas USO tours, usually accompanying Bob Hope. He also played with the Freddy Martin, Tex Beneke and Stan Kenton bands.
He joined Lawrence Welk and his Champagne Music Makers in 1966 as first trumpet, performing both on television show and live concert dates.
He married longtime Brown vocalist Jo Ann Greer. On 11 June 2008 McMahan died at home in Van Nuys, California from complications of neuropathy, survived by his three children.
- associate relationship with Cathcart, Dick (born 6 November 1924). Notes: Lawrence Welk orchestra members, 1966-1968
- associate relationship with Liddell, Barney (born 13 August 1921). Notes: Members of Lawrence Welk orchestra, 1966-1982
- associate relationship with Welk, Lawrence (born 11 March 1903). Notes: Member of his orchestra
Sy Scholfield quotes birth certificate .
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Group/ Duo (Lawrence Welk orchestra)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Instrumentalist (Trumpet player)