|Birthname||Marlin Thomas McKeever|
|born on||1 January 1940 at 12:50 (= 12:50 PM )|
|Place||Cheyenne, Wyoming, 41n08, 104w49|
|Timezone||MST h7w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||10°16' 05°21 Asc. 08°11'|
American football tight end and linebacker who played in the National Football League (NFL) with the Los Angeles Rams (1961–1966, 1971–1972), Minnesota Vikings (1967), Washington Redskins (1968–1970) and Philadelphia Eagles (1973).
He played college football as a defensive end, fullback and punter at the University of Southern California (USC).
In 1974, about a year after his NFL playing career ended, McKeever made a long shot bid for the California State Assembly as a Republican. Then incumbent John Quimby was defeated in the Democratic primary by Richard H. Robinson, who went on to beat McKeever by more than 21 points in what was then a Democratic-leaning Orange County district.
Marlin and his brother Mike McKeever were the first twins to earn All-America status. They grew up in Los Angeles. Both he and his brother appeared in the 1962 Three Stooges comedy film The Three Stooges Meet Hercules playing the Siamese Cyclops twins Ajax and Argo. Mike died in 1967, after a car accident that left him in a coma for 22 months. On 18 August 1966, Marlin was a passenger in Roman Gabriel's car and lost a finger when Gabriel crashed into a parked car.
After the NFL, McKeever became a stockbroker and insurance executive. He also became the leader of the Trojan Football Alumni Club and close friend of recent USC coaches, including Pete Carroll.
On 26 October 2006, he fell at his home and slipped into a coma shortly thereafter. Doctors in the intensive care unit at St. Mary Medical Center in Long Beach, California reported a blood clot on his brain. He died from his injuries the next day.
- associate relationship with Bratkowski, Zeke (born 20 October 1931). Notes: Los Angeles Rams teammates, 1961-1963
- associate relationship with Crow, Lindon (born 4 April 1933). Notes: Los Angeles Rams teammates, 1961-1964
- associate relationship with Gabriel, Roman (born 5 August 1940). Notes: Los Angeles Rams teammates, 1962–1966, 1971–1972
- associate relationship with Grier, Rosey (born 14 July 1932). Notes: Los Angeles Rams teammates, 1963-1966
- associate relationship with Hanburger, Christian G. (born 13 August 1941). Notes: Washington Redskins teammates, 1968-1970
- associate relationship with Hunter, Art (born 24 April 1933). Notes: Los Angeles Rams teammates, 1961-1964
- associate relationship with Livingston, Cliff (born 2 July 1930). Notes: Los Angeles Rams teammates, 1963-1964
- associate relationship with Mack, Thomas L. (born 1 November 1943). Notes: Los Angeles Rams teammates, 1966, 1971–1972
- associate relationship with Olsen, Merlin (born 15 September 1940). Notes: Los Angeles Rams teammates, 1962–1966, 1971–1972
- associate relationship with Rentzel, Lance (born 14 October 1943). Notes: Los Angeles Rams teammates, 1971-1972
- sibling relationship with McKeever, Mike (born 1 January 1940). Notes: Twins
Sy Scholfield quotes "JOHN HALL: The Stars Tell It," Los Angeles Times, 3 August 1972, page F3.
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Accident/Injury (Blood clot on brain)
- Personal : Birth : Twin, triplet, etc. (Twin brothers)
- Personal : Death : Illness/ Disease (Blood clot on brain)
- Vocation : Business : Insurance fields
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress (Minor roles)
- Vocation : Politics : Candidate and lost
- Vocation : Politics : Party Affiliation (Republican)
- Vocation : Sports : Football (American football tight end and linebacker)
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession (NFL player, 1961-1973)