McKean, Maeve Kennedy
|Birthname||Maeve Fahey Kennedy Townsend|
|born on||1 November 1979 at 06:00 (= 06:00 AM )|
|Place||New Haven, Connecticut, 41n18, 72w56|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||08°25' 00°31 Asc. 03°08'|
American public health official, human rights attorney, and academic, also noted as a member of the Kennedy family. She served as the Executive Director of the Global Health Initiative at Georgetown University.
McKean was a daughter of Kathleen Kennedy Townsend, the former Lieutenant Governor of Maryland, and David Townsend, a professor at St. John's College. She was delivered at home with assistance from her father following a short labour of one hour. Her mother was an advocate of home birth.
She was a granddaughter of Robert F. Kennedy and Ethel Kennedy and a grandniece of President John F. Kennedy and Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis.
During the Obama Administration, McKean was the first-ever Senior Advisor for Human Rights in the United States Department of State's global AIDS program and the Office of Global Affairs at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
She married David McKean on 21 March 2009 at the Woman’s National Democratic Club, a mansion in Washington, D.C. She was the first of Robert and Ethel Kennedy's grandchildren to marry. They have three children; Gideon, Gabriella, and Toby.
McKean disappeared with her eldest son, eight-year-old Gideon, in the Chesapeake Bay on 2 April 2020, while paddling in a canoe in high winds. Maryland law enforcement officials declared that she and her son were presumed dead on 3 April 2020.
McKean and her son's disappearance has been referred to in the media as part of the "Kennedy curse", a series of deaths, accidents, and other calamities involving the family.
- child->parent relationship with Townsend, Kathleen Kennedy (born 4 July 1951)
- other kin relationship with Kennedy, Ethel (born 11 April 1928). Notes: Grandkin
- other kin relationship with Kennedy, Robert F. (born 20 November 1925). Notes: Grandkin
- (has as) boss relationship with Feinstein, Dianne (born 22 June 1933)
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 27 June 2011 in Washington (Birth of son, Gideon)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Death by Accident 2 April 2020 at 5:00 PM in Deale (Disappeared in a canoe, presumed drowned, age 40)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Sy Scholfield quotes news reports stating she was born "early Thursday" and "Thursday morning" (Democrat and Chronicle, Rochester, New York, Saturday, 3 November 1979, page 15; Daily News, New York, New York, 3 November 1979, page 298). A birth time of 6 AM is speculative.
- Family : Childhood : Advantaged
- Family : Childhood : Family noted (Kennedys)
- Family : Childhood : Order of birth (Second of four daughters)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Three)
- Personal : Birth : Labor short less than 3 hrs (One hour)
- Personal : Birth : Unusual circumstances (Home birth)
- Vocation : Education : Researcher
- Vocation : Education : Teacher (Bioethics, human rights)
- Vocation : Law : Attorney
- Vocation : Politics : Activist/ social (Human rights)
- Vocation : Politics : Government employee (Senior Advisor for Human Rights)
- Vocation : Politics : Party Affiliation (Democratic)