|Birthname||Dorothy Louise McGuire|
|born on||13 February 1928 at 09:00 (= 09:00 AM )|
|Place||Middleton (Columbiana County), Ohio, 40n51, 80w39|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||23°38' 21°21 Asc. 03°00'|
American group singer with sisters Phyllis and Chris who performed in nightclubs during the '50s and '60s as The McGuire Sisters. After a split of 17 years, the sisters once more reached their fans in the 1980s, with Chris at 57, Dorothy, 56 and Phyllis 54. Their last performance had been on "The Ed Sullivan Show" in 1968. They sang together from the time they were kids. Dorothy and Chris left to raise their families and Phyllis worked on a solo career.
The girls were given a strict upbringing by a steelworker dad and a mother who was a minister. Still it was a loving environment, with everyone playing music and singing. With four-year-old baby Phyllis at the center, they sang at local events and functions. They were discovered at church and persuaded to go to New York after high school. They promptly won an "Arthur Godfrey Talent Contest." Stardom came quickly for the fresh-faced and sweet girls, with one pop hit after another. They graced the covers of Life and Look and became regular headliners in Las Vegas. In their heyday, they were pulling in $1 million a year apiece.
On 7 September 2012, Dorothy "Dottie" McGuire died at her son's home in Paradise Valley, Arizona, after suffering from Parkinson's disease and age-related dementia. She was 84.
- sibling relationship with McGuire, Phyllis (born 14 February 1931)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1968 (Performed on TV show)
B.C. in hand from Frank C. Clifford
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Parkinson's
- Family : Childhood : Family supportive (Loving, close family)
- Family : Childhood : Sibling circumstances (Sung together)
- Lifestyle : Work : Work in team/ Tandem (Sister singing group)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Gain - Financial success in field
- Personal : Death : Illness/ Disease (Parkinson's)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 84)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Night Club/ Vaudeville
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Group/ Duo (Sisters)