|Birthname||McCrea, Joel Albert|
|born on||5 November 1905 at 07:00 (= 07:00 AM )|
|Place||Hollywood, California, 34n06, 118w20|
|Timezone||PST h8w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||12°32' 00°28 Asc. 20°38'|
American actor of over 100 films who started working as a horses-wrangler on westerns, entering films as a stuntman, wrangler and extra in 1922. He started feature roles in 1929 and lead roles the following year. Playing straight dramas, sophisticated comedies and rugged adventures, his career peaked in the early '40s when he starred in such films as, "Foreign Correspondent," "Palm Beach Story" and "Reaching for the Sun." From 1946 on he was seen almost exclusively in westerns. He invested wisely in real estate and livestock, becoming himself one of So. California's wealthiest ranchers.
McCrea believed strongly in work ethics, virtually never smoke or drank and was a staunch Republican. He married actress Francess Dee in 1933 and had three sons. His oldest boy, Jody McRae, born in 1934, played young leads in films of the '50s and '60s, but retired from screen in 1970 to become a rancher in New Mexico.
Joel died of pulmonary complications on 20 October 1990 in Woodland Hills, California, at the age of 84.
- parent->child relationship with McCrea, Jody (born 6 September 1934)
- spouse relationship with Dee, Frances (born 26 November 1909)
- has other family relationship with Sklar, Michael (born 12 July 1944). Notes: Godkin
- Work : New Career 1922 (Film debut as extra and stuntman)
- Work : Gain social status 1929 (Started in feature roles)
- Work : Gain social status 1930 (Started in lead performances)
- Relationship : Marriage 1933 (Frances Dee)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1942 (Appeared in "Palm Beach Story")
- Work : New Job 1946 (Starred mainly in westerns)
- Death by Disease 20 October 1990 at 12:00 noon in Woodland Hills, CA (Pulmonary complications, age 84)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Gauquelin Book of American Charts
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Lung (Pulmonary complications, terminal)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Three sons)
- Family : Parenting : Kids - Noted
- Lifestyle : Financial : Invest/ Property
- Lifestyle : Financial : Wealthy (Millionaire)
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Groups (Staunch Republican)
- Lifestyle : Home : Neighborhood (Urban, land owner)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 84)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress (Over 100 films, some TV)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Voice-Over (Narrator)
- Vocation : Misc. : Farmer/ Rancher (Cattleman and rancher)