|Birthname||Michael Vernon McCoy|
|born on||10 September 1948 at 15:55 (= 3:55 PM )|
|Place||Stillwater, Oklahoma, 36n07, 97w03|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||18°04' 25°18 Asc. 23°01'|
American businessman best known as a minority owner and vice-president of the Dallas Cowboys in the National Football League (NFL) from 1990–1996; he was credited with inventing the trade-value draft chart. He also worked in the oil and gas industry, developing an expertise in drilling.
In 1981, he and a business partner, future Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones, co-founded Arkoma Production Company, which was active in gas-rich areas such as northwest Arkansas and was able to profit from more than 500 of some 2000 wells they had drilled. In 1986, McCoy and Jones sold the company.
When Jones bought the Dallas Cowboys in February 1989, McCoy became a minority owner with a 5% stake in the NFL franchise. He was named Vice-President of the football club one year later.
Mike McCoy was married to Joni for 30 years until his death. He had four children. He died on 17 October 2021 at age 73 in Dallas, Texas.
- associate relationship with Schramm, Tex (born 2 June 1920)
- business associate/partner relationship with Jones, Jerry (born 13 October 1942)
Sy Scholfield quotes birth notice, Stillwater News-Press (Stillwater, Oklahoma), 12 September 1948, page 4.
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs (30 years)
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Four)
- Vocation : Business : Business owner
- Vocation : Business : Entrepreneur
- Vocation : Business : Top executive
- Vocation : Misc. : Mining (Oil and gas)
- Notable : Famous : Founder/ originator (Invented trade-value draft chart)