|Birthname||David Robert McCoy|
|born on||24 August 1915 at 11:00 (= 11:00 AM )|
|Place||Los Angeles, California, 34n03, 118w15|
|Timezone||PST h8w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||00°31' 29°06 Asc. 10°41'|
American centenarian, hydrographer and entrepreneur who founded the Mammoth Mountain Ski Area in California in 1942. McCoy eventually bought a small airline to fly a few skiers from Burbank, California to Mammoth. The growth of the ski area led to growth of the town of Mammoth Lakes, California, which incorporated in 1984.
In 2005, McCoy announced that he was retiring after running the ski area for 68 years. Mammoth Mountain Ski Area was sold to Starwood Capital Group in a deal that valued Mammoth at $365 million.
He was portrayed by Dabney Coleman in the 1975 movie, The Other Side of the Mountain.
Dave McCoy and his wife Roma had 6 children. He turned 100 on 24 August 2015, and died on 8 February 2020 in Bishop, California at the age of 104.
- role played of/by Coleman, Dabney (born 3 January 1932). Notes: 1975 film "The Other Side of the Mountain"
Sy Scholfield provided birth certificate.
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Six)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Centenarian, age 104)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Centenarian)
- Vocation : Business : Business owner
- Vocation : Business : Entrepreneur
- Vocation : Science : Geology (Hydrographer)
- Vocation : Sports : Skiing
- Vocation : Travel : Aviation field
- Vocation : Travel : Hotel/Motel/Resort (Ski resort)