|Birthname||Linda Louise Eastman|
|born on||24 September 1941 at 10:00 (= 10:00 AM )|
|Place||New York, New York, 40n43, 74w0|
|Timezone||EDT h4w (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||01°07' 17°34 Asc. 08°38'|
American photographer and musician, a chef and cook-book writer. She was also the wife of former Beatle Paul McCartney, an uncommonly stable marriage contracted on 3/12/1969. For 29 years, she and Paul never spent a night apart except for one ten-day period when he was arrested and held in a Tokyo jail for having marijuana on his person. They lived most of their time on a farm in West Sussex, England.
Linda attended Sarah Lawrence and the University of Arizona. (She studied photography and history at Princeton Univ. and then enrolled at the Univ. of Colorado where she met John Melvin See.) While a student, she married, had a daughter and divorced in 1963. Soon after, she took up photography and returned to New York where she began taking pictures of rock groups in 1965, starting with the Dave Clark Five and the Rolling Stones. Meeting many members of the rock culture, her portraits of the '60s rock stars have become classics. Her "Linda McCartney's Sixties: Portrait of an Era," includes several hundred photos.
In 1967, she met Paul in London and they had an intermittent romance for a year. In September 1968, he asked her to move to London to be with him, and from then on, they were inseparable. Along with her daughter Heather, she and Paul had three kids, Mary, Stella and James. Linda performed as a keyboardist and backup singer in two of her husband's post-Beatle bands, Wings and another, touring in 1989 and in 1994.
A staunch campaigner for animal rights, she was also a vegetarian. With her passion for cooking, she published two vegetarian cookbooks, and in 1991 started marketing a line of frozen vegetarian dinners.
Linda's yearning for simplicity was startling considering her silver-spoon background. Her dad, Lee Eastman was a wealthy Park Avenue lawyer and her mom's family owned department stores.
Stricken with breast cancer that spread to the liver, undergoing new and radical treatments to beat the spreading disease, Linda died 4/17/1998 at their American ranch near Tucson, AZ, leaving a husband stricken with grief.
The kids, terrified of leaving Paul alone, have moved back in with him in his time of need and James has even slept in the same room with his father. But Paul has amazed friends with his courage, calling old friends of Linda to lend consolation and is now planning a tribute album to his lost love in a bid to heal his broken heart.
- parent->child relationship with McCartney, Heather (born 30 December 1962)
- parent->child relationship with McCartney, Mary (born 29 August 1969)
- spouse relationship with McCartney, Paul (born 18 June 1942)
- Relationship : Divorce dates 1963 (From John See)
- Work : Begin Major Project 1965 (Began her photography with rock groups)
- Relationship : Meet a significant person 1967 (Met Paul McCartney)
- Relationship : Marriage 12 March 1969 (Second and lasting marriage, Paul McCartney)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1989 (Performed as back-up in band Wings)
- Work : Start Business 1991 (Started marketing vegetarian frozen meals)
- Work : Gain social status 1994 (Performed with Wings)
- Health : Change in Appearance 1996 (Began chemotherapy treatments)
- Social : Great Publicity 11 March 1997 (Husband knighted, too ill to attend)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Death by Disease 17 April 1998 at 05:04 AM in Tucson (Breast cancer, age 56)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
David Goldstein quotes Nalini Kanta Das (Tom Hopke) for data from her, given in an article in ACVA Journal Summer 1998 Vol 4 No.1.
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Cancer (Breast, liver, terminal)
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Treatment/Therapy (Radical, experimental treatments)
- Family : Childhood : Advantaged (Affluent family)
- Family : Childhood : Sibling circumstances (Three sib's)
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs (With Paul 29 years)
- Family : Relationship : Marriage - Very happy
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted (Paul McCartney)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Two)
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Four)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Gain - Money Through Marriage
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Animals, pets (Firm supporter of animal rights)
- Vocation : Art : Photography (Pro)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Group/ Duo (Wings)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Instrumentalist (Keyboard)
- Vocation : Food and Beverage : Chef/ Cook (Vegetarian chef)
- Vocation : Writers : Textbook/ Non-fiction (Vegetarian cookbooks, books of her photography)