Mayrisch de Saint-Hubert, Aline
|Birthname||Maria Julie Aline de Saint-Hubert|
|born on||22 August 1874 at 07:30 (= 07:30 AM )|
|Place||Luxembourg, Luxembourg, 49n36, 6e09|
|Timezone||LMT m6e09 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||28°59' 21°46 Asc. 24°53'|
Luxembourgian women's rights campaigner, socialite, and philanthropist, who established many non-governmental organisations, and was President of the Luxembourg Red Cross. On 15 September 1894, she married industrialist Émile Mayrisch who would become President of the steel giant Arbed. They had two children.
Aline Mayrisch had a great interest in arts and literature, and saw herself as a mediator between the German and French cultural worlds. From 1898, she published articles on German painters and literary criticisms, amongst others on L'Immoraliste by André Gide, in the Belgian avant-gardist review L'Art moderne. She maintained friendships and correspondences with numerous writers and intellectuals, such as André Gide, Jean Schlumberger, Jacques Rivière, Henri Michaux, Marie and Théo van Rysselberghe, Marie Delcourt, Alexis Curvers, Annette Kolb, Gertrude Eysoldt, Ernst Robert Curtius and Bernhard Groethuysen. In 1914, she accompanied André Gide and Henri Ghéon to Turkey and in 1927, she travelled to the Gironde and the Limousin with Ernst Robert Curtius.
She and her husband moved to Colpach in 1920, and after the war they received many German and French intellectuals here under the name of Cercle de Colpach, such as Paul Claudel, Jean Guéhenno, Karl Jaspers, and Richard von Coudenhove-Kalergi.
She died on 20 January 1947, aged 72, in Cabris, France.
- friend relationship with Curtius, Ernst Robert (born 14 April 1886)
- friend relationship with Curvers, Alexis Theophile (born 24 February 1906)
- friend relationship with Eysoldt, Gertrud (born 30 November 1870)
- friend relationship with Gide, André (born 22 November 1869)
- friend relationship with Kolb, Annette (born 3 February 1870)
- friend relationship with Michaux, Henri (born 24 May 1899)
- friend relationship with Riviere, Jacques (born 15 July 1886)
- friend relationship with Schlumberger, Jean (born 26 May 1877)
- spouse relationship with Mayrisch, Émile (born 10 November 1862). Notes: 1894-1928
Birth certificate (acte n° 324) provided by Sy Scholfield.
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs (34 years)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Two)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Philanthropist
- Vocation : Art : Art critic
- Vocation : Business : Top executive (President of the Luxembourg Red Cross)
- Vocation : Politics : Activist/ feminist (Women's rights campaigner)
- Vocation : Writers : Critic (Literary)
- Vocation : Writers : Fiction
- Notable : Famous : Socialite