|Birthname||Bruce Norrie Watson|
|born on||23 May 1961 at 11:01 (= 11:01 AM )|
|Place||Paisley, Scotland, 55n50, 4w26|
|Timezone||GDT h1e (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||02°02' 10°07 Asc. 18°06'|
Scottish-Australian transsexual person who pursued the legal status of being neither a man nor a woman, between 2010 and 2014. The High Court of Australia ruled in April 2014 that it was in the power of the NSW Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages to record in the register that the sex of May-Welby was 'non-specific'.
At least two other Australians - both born intersex and including Alex MacFarlane - are known to have birth certificates and/or passports showing an indeterminate or unspecified sex as early as 2003.
May-Welby was assigned male at birth. May-Welby moved to Perth, Western Australia at the age of seven. May-Welby underwent male-to-female "reassignment" surgery on 3 April 1989 "somewhere between two and four o'clock in the afternoon," but later found that being a woman was not what May-Welby felt like either.
May-Welby moved to Sydney, New South Wales in the early 1990s, after a highly publicised court case in Perth. Doctors stated, in January 2010, that May-Welby was a neuter, with a self-image that was neither male nor female, and no sex organs.
- compare to chart of Keenan, Kelly (born 10 March 1961)
- Health : Medical procedure 3 April 1989 at 3:00 PM in Perth (Male-to-female "reassignment" surgery)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Sy Scholfield cites data from birth certificate, courtesy of Caroline Gerard. Norrie confirmed in an email to Scholfield on 31 March 2010 that 11:01 AM is the correct birth time.
- Passions : Sexuality : Sex Organs ("Neuter")
- Passions : Sexuality : Transgender M-to-F
- Vocation : Politics : Activist/ social (Campaigns for gender diverse people)
- Vocation : Writers : Other Writers
- Notable : Famous : Historic figure
- Notable : Famous : Newsmaker