Maximilian, Prince of Saxony
|Birthname||M. Wilhelm August Albert Karl Gregor Odo|
|born on||17 November 1870 at 00:30 (= 12:30 AM )|
|Place||Dresden, Germany, 51n03, 13e44|
|Timezone||LMT m13e44 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||24°27' 01°53 Asc. 11°07'|
Saxon prince, a member of the Albertine branch of the House of Wettin, and a Roman Catholic priest.
Maximilian was the seventh of the eight children of Prince Georg of Saxony and his wife Infanta Maria Anna of Portugal.
On 26 July 1896, despite initial opposition from his family, Prince Maximilian entered into the church and was ordained as a priest. He renounced his claim to the throne of Saxony on entering the priesthood.
During the First World War Prince Maximilian served as an Army chaplain and in this capacity he attended to wounded soldiers, gave unction to the dying and said mass while under shell fire.
Following the German Empire's defeat in the war his brother King Friedrich August III was forced to abdicate as the monarchy was abolished. Prince Maximilian died in Fribourg, Switzerland, on 12 January 1951, as the last surviving grandchild of Maria II and Fernando II of Portugal, and last great-grandchild of Pedro IV of Portugal & I of Brazil.
- child->parent relationship with Georg, King of Saxony (born 8 August 1832)
- child->parent relationship with Maria Anna, Princess of Saxony (born 21 July 1843)
- sibling relationship with Friedrich August III, King of Saxony (born 25 May 1865)
- sibling relationship with Johann Georg, Prince of Saxony (born 10 July 1869)
- sibling relationship with Maria Josepha, Princess of Saxony (born 31 May 1867)
- sibling relationship with Mathilde, Princess of Saxony (born 19 March 1863)
Sy Scholfield forwarded news report from "Wiener Zeitung," 19 November 1870, p. 3: "Dresden, 17. November. Das „Dresdn. Journ.' meldet: „Ihre k. Hoheit die Frau Prinzessin Maria Anna, Gemahlin Sr. k. Hoheit des Prinzen Georg, ist heute früh halb 1 Uhr von einem Prinzen glücklich entbunden worden." (Dresden, November 17th. The "Dresd[e]n Journ[al]" Reports: "Her Highness, Princess Maria Anna, Queen of Prince Georg, was happily delivered of a prince at half-before-one [12:30] o'clock this morning).
- Family : Relationship : Married late/never (Never)
- Family : Parenting : Kids none
- Vocation : Military : Other Military (Army chaplain)
- Vocation : Religion : Ecclesiastics/ western (Roman Catholic priest)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Wettin)