Max Joseph, Duke in Bavaria
|born on||4 December 1808 at 01:00 (= 01:00 AM )|
|Place||Bamberg, Germany, 49n53, 10e53|
|Timezone||LMT m10e53 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||11°45' 21°16 Asc. 28°18'|
Duke in Bavaria, known informally as Max in Bayern, who was a member of a junior branch of the House of Wittelsbach and a promoter of Bavarian folk-music. He is most famous today as the father of Empress Elisabeth of Austria ("Sisi") and Great-grandfather of King Leopold III of Belgium.
On 9 September 1828, at Tegernsee, Maximilian Joseph married Princess Ludovika of Bavaria, daughter of King Maximilian I Joseph of Bavaria. They had ten children.
In 1834 he purchased Possenhofen Castle on Lake Starnberg; this was his major residence for the rest of his life. He died on 15 November 1888, aged 79.
- parent->child relationship with Carl Theodor, Duke in Bavaria (born 9 August 1839)
- parent->child relationship with Elisabeth "Sissi", Empress of Austria (born 24 December 1837)
- parent->child relationship with Helene, Duchess in Bavaria (born 4 April 1834)
- parent->child relationship with Ludwig Wilhelm, Duke in Bavaria (1831) (born 21 June 1831)
- parent->child relationship with Maria Sophie of Bavaria (born 4 October 1841)
- parent->child relationship with Mathilde Ludovika, Duchess in Bavaria (born 30 September 1843)
- parent->child relationship with Max Emanuel, Duke in Bavaria (born 7 December 1849)
- parent->child relationship with Sophie Charlotte, Duchess in Bavaria (born 22 February 1847)
- spouse relationship with Ludovika, Princess of Bavaria (born 30 August 1808). Notes: 1828-1888
Sy Scholfield forwarded news report from "Vriesche courant," 20 December 1808, p. 2: "BAMBERG den 5 December. Gisteren morgen om 1 uur, is haare Koninglyke Hoogheid de Hertoginne Amalia van Beyeren, geborene Herroginnt van Aremberg, gelukkig Van eeren Prins in het Kraamhedde bevallen, die des nademiddags in tegenwoordigheid van de Prinfesfe van Neufchatel en van het geheele Hof, by den Doop de Naamen van Maximiliaan Jofeph, ontving."
[BAMBERG, 5 December. Yesterday morning at 1 AM, Her Royal Highness the Duchess Amalia of Bavaria, born Duchess of Arenberg, happily gave birth to a Prince and in the afternoon he was baptised with the names Maximilian Joseph].
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One)
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Ten)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Wittelsbach)