Mathilde, Princess of Saxony
|Birthname||Mathilde Marie Auguste Viktorie|
|born on||19 March 1863 at 21:00 (= 9:00 PM )|
|Place||Dresden, Germany, 51n03, 13e44|
|Timezone||LMT m13e44 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||28°45' 01°39 Asc. 29°35'|
Saxon princess as the third child and third-eldest daughter of Georg of Saxony and his wife, Maria Anna of Portugal. She was an elder sister of the Kingdom of Saxony's last king, Friedrich August III of Saxony.
She was a talented painter and took lessons from the artist Alfred Diethe from 1890 to 1901. Some of her paintings, mainly landscapes and scenes of court life in Pillnitz, were made into prints. Others appeared on postcards, which were sold to raise money for charity.
Mathilde died unmarried on 27 March 1933 at the age of 70.
- child->parent relationship with Georg, King of Saxony (born 8 August 1832)
- child->parent relationship with Maria Anna, Princess of Saxony (born 21 July 1843)
- sibling relationship with Friedrich August III, King of Saxony (born 25 May 1865)
- sibling relationship with Johann Georg, Prince of Saxony (born 10 July 1869)
- sibling relationship with Maria Josepha, Princess of Saxony (born 31 May 1867)
- sibling relationship with Maximilian, Prince of Saxony (born 17 November 1870)
Sy Scholfield quotes news report from "Wiener Zeitung," 23 March 1863, p. 3: "Ihre k. Hoheit die Prinzessin Marie Anna, Gemahlin des Prinzen Georg von Sachsen, ist am 19. d. M. Abend von einer Prinzessin glücklich entbunden worden." (Her Royal Highness, Princess Marie Anna, the wife of Prince Georg of Saxony, happily gave birth to a princess on the 19th in the evening). A time of 9pm is speculative.
- Family : Relationship : Married late/never (Never)
- Family : Parenting : Kids none
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Wettin)