|Birthname||Daniel L. Mathews|
|born on||25 October 1964 at 01:15 (= 01:15 AM )|
|Place||Newport Beach, California, 33n37, 117w56|
|Timezone||PDT h7w (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||01°57' 27°58 Asc. 17°45'|
American global animal rights activist, notable vegetarian, and openly gay media figure. A dedicated animal-rights activist known for his radical press statements in the name of animal liberation, media-savvy Dan Mathews established himself as the Director of International Campaigns for People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA), after volunteering for the fledgling group as an organizer of colorful political campaigns.
After his restaurateur father and Aunty Mame-type mother separated when he was seven, Mathews and his two brothers were raised by their mom working as a blackjack dealer in Reno. As a teenager, he flipped burgers at McDonalds but was fired for dyeing his hair bright green, and by 16, had given up meat entirely. In his teens, he also worked as a Christmas tree at the annual Xmas pageant at Disneyland.
Moving to Rome in 1983 to study history, he supported himself by working as a model and actor. Dark blond, attractive and six-foot five-inches tall, Mathews landed a role in a Fiat commercial, acted in music videos, and played a break-dancing albino Indian in a spaghetti western. He also came out as gay.
Returning to the USA, Mathews began at PETA as a volunteer receptionist, working his way up to director of international campaigns. Nowadays he stages various actions around the world (such as throwing red paint over fur coats to symbolize the bloody suffering animals endure for food and fashion). A pin-up boy for the PETA cause, Mathews also gained the support of famous people like Chrissie Hynde who says, "He's able to create an incredible sense of joy in life." Hanging out with pals like New York drag queens Lady Bunny and Lypsinka, Mathews enjoys collecting offbeat and camp vinyl records and playing them extremely loud.
- business associate/partner relationship with Worden, Kayla Rae (born 5 September 1961). Notes: Co-worker at PETA
- friend relationship with Anderson, Pamela (born 1 July 1967)
- friend relationship with Hynde, Chrissie (born 7 September 1951)
- compare to chart of Historic: P.E.T.A. (born 21 August 1980)
- Family : Change residence 1983 (To Rome)
Sy Scholfield quotes him by email 2001
- Traits : Body : Diet unusual (Vegan vegetarian)
- Family : Childhood : Parents divorced
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Collector (Vinyl records)
- Passions : Sexuality : Gay
- Vocation : Beauty : Model (Initially)
- Vocation : Business : Top executive (Director of PETA)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress (Initially)
- Vocation : Politics : Activist/ social (Animal rights activist)