Mary, Queen of Scots
|born on||8 December 1542 Jul.Cal. (18 Dec 1542 greg.) at 13:12 (= 1:12 PM )|
|Place||Linlithgow, Scotland, 55n59, 3w37|
|Timezone||LMT m3w37 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||26°07' 19°06 Asc. 09°56'|
Scottish royalty, the third child and only daughter of James V of Scotland and his second wife, Marie de Guise Lorraine. Her dad died when she was a week old and she succeeded to the throne as an infant.
She was betrothed to the French Dauphin and sailed for his country in 1548. She had a happy childhood in her new country, raised and educated in France. She was married in 1558 and a year later became the Queen of France.
Her mother died in June 1560 and her husband died in December of the same year. She returned to Scotland on 8/16/1561. Mary Stuart made a second marriage, to her cousin Lord Darnley on 7/19/1565; an absolute disaster of intrigue and mistrust. Darnley murdered her secretary in her presence March 1566. Their son, born on 6/19/1566 would go on to become King James VI. When Darnley died in an explosion on 2/10/1457, she was suspected of its planning and executing. She next married Earl of Bothwel on 5/15/1567 and miscarried twins in July 1567.
A political threat to Queen Elizabeth I, she was captured and charged with treason, and kept prisoner for 19 years. She was executed at the guillotine on 2/08/1587 OS, Fotheringay, England.
- parent->child relationship with James I, King of Scotland (born 19 June 1566 Jul.Cal. (29 June 1566 greg.))
- spouse relationship with François II, King of France (born 19 January 1544 Jul.Cal. (29 Jan 1544 greg.))
- role played of/by Delvair, Jeanne (born 10 December 1877). Notes: Delvair played Mary in 1908 film, "Marie Stuart"
- role played of/by Kane, Adelaide (born 9 August 1990). Notes: 2013-2017 TV series "Reign"
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 19 June 1566 (greg.) (Son born, King James VI)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Death by Execution 8 February 1587 Jul.Cal. (18 Feb 1587 greg.) at 10:00 AM in Oundle (Beheaded, age 44, at Fotheringhay castle)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Sally Davis quotes a letter written by Queen Mary on her birthday, December 8 OS, given in her biography written by Antonia Fraser.
(Formerly, Martin Harvey quoted the State Papers of Chalmers for December 7 OS and accepted the time given by Junctinius of 1:15 PM LAT as authentic, due to the position of Junctinius at the court, given in Nativitas I. 1:15 LAT translates to 1:12 Local Mean Time.
Kraum gave 1:18 PM as speculative in American Astrology 11/1932.
Wemyss noted that the 8th of December was given by a historian in 1759.
Carter in Astrology Quqrterly 3/1958 gave no date but mentioned an ASC of 16 Taurus.
Taeger's Lexikon quoted Thomas Ring for 3:30 PM.)
The current entry (as of 24 Aug 2012) is composed of the more likely date, and the time by Junctinius. Rodden Rating has been downgraded to C - accuracy in question.
- Family : Parenting : Birthing - Miscarriages (Miscarried twins)
- Family : Parenting : Kids - Noted (James VI)
- Passions : Criminal Perpetrator : Civil/ Political (Political)
- Personal : Death : Unusual (Beheaded)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (Scotland)
- Notable : Book Collection : Profiles Of Women