|born on||23 October 1859 at 16:00 (= 4:00 PM )|
|Place||Mertzwiller, France, 48n5149, 7e4050|
|Timezone||LMT m7e4050 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||29°43' 28°13 Asc. 03°17'|
French-born American tailor and noted patriarch. He was the husband of Minnie Marx, and father of the Marx Brothers.
Due to his place of birth, Samuel Marx was known as "Frenchie". He met Minnie in New York where he was working as a dance teacher. They married in 1884 and had six sons. Their first son, Manfred, born 1885, died in infancy. The other children were born in 1887, Leonard (Chico); 1888, Adolph (Harpo); 1890, Julius (Groucho); 1892, Milton (Gummo) and 1901, Herbert (Zeppo). Marx was an excellent pinochle player, a game he taught to his two oldest sons.
Marx became a tailor, although not a very good one. He was a talented cook, often convincing the landlord to delay their rent paytime with a good meal.
Marx made a cameo appearance in his four sons' film "Monkey Business" (1931), sitting on top of luggage behind the brothers on the pier as they wave to the First Officer, having slipped off the ship without being arrested as stowaways.
Sam Marx died in Los Angeles, California on 10 May 1933, from complications due to renal failure, aged 73.
- parent->child relationship with Marx, Chico (born 22 March 1887)
- parent->child relationship with Marx, Groucho (born 2 October 1890)
- parent->child relationship with Marx, Harpo (born 23 November 1888)
- Relationship : Marriage 1884 (Minnie Schönberg)
Sy Scholfield quotes birth certificate n° 71, found online , copy on file.
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One)
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Six sons)
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Hobbies, games (Pinochle, cooking)
- Personal : Death : Illness/ Disease (Renal failure)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Dancer/ Teacher (Dance teacher)
- Vocation : Misc. : Tailor/Seamstress (Tailor)