Marija, Queen of Yugoslavia
|born on||6 January 1900 at 06:00 (= 06:00 AM )|
|Place||Gotha, Germany, 50n57, 10e41|
|Timezone||MET h1e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||15°28' 18°46 Asc. 12°11'|
Romanian princess by birth, and the Queen of Yugoslavia as the wife of King Alexander from 1922 until his assassination in 1934. She was the mother of Peter II of Yugoslavia, the last king of Yugoslavia. Her citizenship was revoked and her property confiscated by the Yugoslavian Communist regime in 1947, but she was "rehabilitated" in 2014.
Marija married Alexander I of Yugoslavia, King of the Kingdom of Serbs, Croats and Slovenes in Belgrade on 8 June 1922, and had three sons.
Following the assassination of King Alexander I of Yugoslavia in Marseille in 1934, her oldest son became Peter II of Yugoslavia, the last Yugoslav king. She was given the title Queen Mother of Yugoslavia in 1941. She moved to a farm in England and lived a relatively normal life without royal extravagance.
She died in exile in London on 22 June 1961, aged 61.
- parent->child relationship with Andrej, Prince of Yugoslavia (born 28 June 1929)
- parent->child relationship with Peter II, King of Yugoslavia (born 6 September 1923)
- parent->child relationship with Tomislav, Prince of Yugoslavia (born 19 January 1928)
- child->parent relationship with Marie, Queen of Romania (born 29 October 1875)
- spouse relationship with Alexander I, King of Yugoslavia (born 17 December 1888). Notes: 1922-1934
- sibling relationship with Carol II, King of Romania (born 15 October 1893)
- sibling relationship with Elisabeta, Queen of the Hellenes (born 11 October 1894)
- sibling relationship with Nicolae, Prince of Romania (born 5 August 1903 Jul.Cal. (18 Aug 1903 greg.))
Sy Scholfield quotes news report from "Berliner Tageblatt," 8 January 1900, p. 4: "Prinzessin Marie von Rumänien, die gegenwärtig aus Schloß Friedenstein bei Gotha weilt, wurde heute früh von einer Prinzessin entbunden." (Princess Marie of Romania, who is presently at Schloss Friedenstein near Gotha, was delivered of a princess this morning).
A birth time of 6 AM is speculative.
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Three sons)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen, by birth)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (Karađorđević dynasty, by marriage)