Marie de France
|born on||22 August 1393 Jul.Cal. (30 Aug 1393 greg.) at 22:00 (= 10:00 PM )|
|Place||Paris, France, 48n52, 2e20|
|Timezone||LMT m2e20 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||07°39' 14°12 Asc. 08°24'|
French royalty, the daughter of Charles VI and his wife, Isabeau of Bavaria. She was a member of the House of Valois and became a nun.
Marie was the sixth of twelve children, eight of them including Marie lived to adulthood. Marie's father was known to suffer from a hereditary mental illness. Isabeau had destined her daughter for the church, possibly because she saw her husband's madness as a punishment from God. Marie entered the convent of Poissy on 8 September 1397, taking her vows as a nun on 26 May 1408. She was the only one of the children that had a religious life; the rest of her surviving siblings were married off.
At the time Marie entered the convent the prioress was her great-aunt, Marie of Bourbon, who was the sister of the younger Marie's paternal grandmother, Joanna of Bourbon. Marie later became prioress of the convent. She lived out the rest of her life here. She died of the Black Death on 19 August 1438 at the Palais Royal in Paris. The only of her siblings who survived her was King Charles VII.
- child->parent relationship with Charles VI, King of France (born 3 December 1368 Jul.Cal. (11 Dec 1368 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Catherine de Valois, Queen (born 27 October 1401 Jul.Cal. (5 Nov 1401 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Charles VII, King of France (born 22 February 1403 Jul.Cal. (3 Mar 1403 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Isabel de Valois, Queen (born 9 November 1389 Jul.Cal. (17 Nov 1389 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Jean de France (born 31 August 1398 Jul.Cal. (8 Sep 1398 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Jeanne de France (born 24 January 1391 Jul.Cal. (1 Feb 1391 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Louis de Guyenne (born 22 January 1397 Jul.Cal. (30 Jan 1397 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Michelle de Valois (born 11 January 1395 Jul.Cal. (19 Jan 1395 greg.))
- Death by Disease 19 August 1438 Jul.Cal. (28 Aug 1438 greg.) (The Black Death)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Sy Scholfield quotes "Annales de la monarchie française" by Henri-Philippe de Limiers (L'Honoré et Chatelain, 1724), p. 65: "naquit au Château du Bois de Vincennes le 22. d'Août à dix heures du soir l'an 1392." However, her brother Charles was born on 6 February 1392 so she was born in 1393.
- Vocation : Religion : Other Religion (nun)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family