Marie Therese, Queen Consort of Bavaria
|Birthname||Marie Therese Henriette Dorothea|
|born on||2 July 1849 at 21:00 (= 9:00 PM )|
|Place||Brno, Czech Republic, 49n12, 16e37|
|Timezone||LMT m16e37 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||10°43' 10°48 Asc. 27°49'|
Princess of Austria-Este by birth who became Queen consort of Bavaria by marriage. She was the daughter and only child of Archduke Ferdinand of Austria-Este and his wife, Archduchess Elisabeth of Austria. She was the last Queen of Bavaria.
Her paternal grandparents were Francis IV, Duke of Modena, and Princess Maria Beatrice of Savoy. Her maternal grandparents were Archduke Josef Anton of Austria and his third wife Duchess Maria Dorothea of Württemberg.
On 20 February 1868, in Vienna, Marie Therese married future Ludwig III, last King of Bavaria. The union was a happy one, and they had thirteen children.
She died on 3 February 1919, aged 69, in Wildenwart Castle, Chiemgau, Bavaria. Her son Rupprecht, Crown Prince of Bavaria, inherited the Jacobite claim. Like his mother, he and his descendants have also refrained from pressing their claims to the British throne.
- friend relationship with Mathilde, Archduchess of Austria (1849) (born 25 January 1849)
- parent->child relationship with Adelgunde, Princess of Bavaria (born 17 October 1870)
- parent->child relationship with Franz, Prince of Bavaria (born 10 October 1875)
- parent->child relationship with Gundelinde, Princess of Bavaria (born 26 August 1891)
- parent->child relationship with Hildegard Maria, Princess of Bavaria (born 5 March 1881)
- parent->child relationship with Karl, Prince of Bavaria (born 1 April 1874)
- parent->child relationship with Maria Ludwiga Theresia, Princess of Bavaria (born 6 July 1872)
- parent->child relationship with Mathilde, Princess of Bavaria (born 17 August 1877)
- parent->child relationship with Rupprecht, Crown Prince of Bavaria (born 18 May 1869)
- parent->child relationship with Wolfgang, Prince of Bavaria (born 2 July 1879)
- child->parent relationship with Elisabeth Franziska, Archduchess of Austria (1831) (born 17 January 1831)
- child->parent relationship with Ferdinand Karl, Archduke of Austria-Este (born 20 July 1821)
- spouse relationship with Ludwig III, King of Bavaria (born 7 January 1845)
- sibling relationship with Eugen, Archduke of Austria (born 21 May 1863). Notes: Half-siblings
- sibling relationship with Friedrich, Archduke of Austria-Teschen (born 4 June 1856). Notes: Half-siblings
- sibling relationship with Karl Stephan, Archduke of Austria (born 5 September 1860). Notes: Half-siblings
- sibling relationship with Maria Christina, Queen Consort of Spain (born 21 July 1858). Notes: Half-siblings
- compare to chart of Charlotte, Queen Consort of Württemberg (born 10 October 1864). Notes: Last surviving German queens
- Relationship : Marriage 20 February 1868 (Prince Ludwig, later King Ludwig III of Bavaria)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Sy Scholfield quotes from "Fremden-Blatt," 6 July 1849, p. 1: "Ihre k. Hoheit Frau Erzherzogin Elisabeth, Gemalin Sr. k. Hoheit des Erzherzogs Ferdinand von Este, ist in Brünn am 2. d. Abends von einer Prinzessin glücklich entbunden worden." [Her Royal Highness, Archduchess Elisabeth, wife of His Highness Archduke Ferdinand of Este, was happily delivered of a princess in Brno on the evening of the 2nd]. A time of 9pm is speculative.
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One)
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Thirteen)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Habsburg-Lorraine)