Marie Amalie, Princess of Baden
|Birthname||Marie Amelie Elizabeth Caroline|
|born on||11 October 1817 at 11:00 (= 11:00 AM )|
|Place||Karlsruhe, Germany, 49n03, 8e24|
|Timezone||LMT m8e24 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||17°45' 28°30 Asc. 08°54'|
Princess of Baden as the youngest daughter of Karl, Grand Duke of Baden and Stéphanie de Beauharnais. In 1843, she married the Scottish nobleman William Hamilton, Marquess of Douglas and Clydesdale. They became the Duke and Duchess of Hamilton upon the death of William's father in 1852. Their only daughter Mary married the future Albert I, Prince of Monaco and was the mother of Louis II.
Princess Marie was a cousin of Napoleon III of France, as well as a friend of his and his wife's, Empress Eugénie. She often accompanied the couple at official events, and provided them lodging when they visited her outside France.
The Duke and Duchess of Hamilton had two sons and one daughter.
Marie, Duchess of Hamilton, died on 17 October 1888, aged 71, in Baden-Baden, Baden.
- parent->child relationship with Douglas-Hamilton, Lady Mary Victoria (born 11 December 1850)
- child->parent relationship with Karl, Grand Duke of Baden (born 8 June 1786)
- sibling relationship with Josephine, Princess of Baden (born 21 October 1813)
- sibling relationship with Luise, Princess of Baden (born 5 June 1811)
- Relationship : Marriage 23 February 1843 (William Hamilton, Marquess of Douglas and Clydesdale)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Sy Scholfield forwarded news report from "Utrechtsche courant," 20 October 1817, p. 1: "KARLSBAD den 11. October. Heden morgen ten 11 uren is de groothertogin gelukkiglijk van eene prinfes bevallen ; H. K. H. en de prinfes zijn zeer welvarende."
(KARLSBAD, 11 October: This morning at 11 o'clock the Grand Duchess happily gave birth to a princess; H. R. H. and the princess are both well).
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs (20 years)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Three)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Zähringen, by birth)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Douglas and Angus, by marriage)