Marie Alexandra, Princess of Baden
|Birthname||M. A. Thyra Viktoria Luise Carola Hilda|
|born on||1 August 1902 at 16:30 (= 4:30 PM )|
|Place||Salem, Germany, 47n46, 9e16|
|Timezone||MET h1e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||08°25' 07°59 Asc. 15°02'|
Princess of Baden by birth and Hessian princess by marriage.
She was the only daughter of Prince Maximilian of Baden (1867–1929) and Princess Marie Louise of Hanover and Cumberland.
On 17 September 1924 she married Prince Wolfgang of Hesse (1896–1989).
Princess Marie Alexandra was killed in an attack by the U.S. Army Air Forces during an air-raid on Frankfurt am Main on 29–30 January 1944 during World War II. She and seven other women, who were aid workers, were killed when the cellar, in which they had taken refuge, collapsed under the weight of the building, rendering Marie Alexandra's body barely recognisable.
- child->parent relationship with Maria-Luise, Princess of Hanover (born 11 October 1879)
- child->parent relationship with Maximilian, Prince of Baden (born 10 July 1867)
- sibling relationship with Berthold, Margrave of Baden (born 24 February 1906)
- other kin relationship with Ernst August, Crown Prince of Hanover (born 21 September 1845). Notes: Grandkin
Sy Scholfield quotes from "Court Circular," The Times (London, England), 2 Aug. 1902, p. 10: "Princess Maximilian of Baden was safely delivered of a daughter at half-past 4 yesterday afternoon."
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One)
- Family : Parenting : Kids none
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Zähringen)