Marie Adélaïde of Savoy
|Birthname||Maria Adelaide di Savoia|
|born on||6 December 1685 (greg.) at 02:45 (= 02:45 AM )|
|Place||Turin, Italy, 45n03, 7e40|
|Timezone||LMT m7e40 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||14°44' 21°35 Asc. 20°15'|
Italian royalty by birth and dauphine of France as the wife of Louis, Dauphin of France, Duke of Burgundy. She was the eldest daughter of Duke Victor Amadeus II of Savoy and of Anne Marie d'Orléans. Her betrothal to the Duke of Burgundy in June 1696 was part of the Treaty of Turin, signed on 29 August 1696. She was the mother of the future King Louis XV of France. Styled as Duchess of Burgundy after her marriage, she became Dauphine of France upon the death of her father-in-law, Le Grand Dauphin, in 1711. She died of measles on 12 February 1712, followed by her husband a week later.
- parent->child relationship with Louis XV, King of France (born 15 February 1710)
- parent->child relationship with Louis, Duke of Brittany (1707) (born 8 January 1707)
- child->parent relationship with Vittorio Amedeo II, Duke of Savoy (born 14 May 1666 (greg.))
- spouse relationship with Louis, Dauphin of France (1682) (born 6 August 1682 (greg.))
- sibling relationship with Carlo Emanuele III, King of Sardinia (born 27 April 1701)
- sibling relationship with Maria Luisa, Queen of Spain (born 17 September 1688 (greg.))
- sibling relationship with Vittorio Amedeo, Prince of Piedmont (born 6 May 1699 (greg.))
Sy Scholfield quotes from "Anna Maria d'Orleans: regina di Sardegna duchessa di Savoia, Saint-Cloud 27 agosto 1669-Torino 26 agosto 1728" by Maria Teresa Reineri (Centro studi piemontesi, 2006), p. 171: "Qui, infatti, intorno alle due e tre quarti del mattino del 6 dicembre 1685, vede la luce una bambina che appare sana e molto vitale, cui è data l'acqua del battesimo sullo stesso letto del travaglio."
Translation: Here, in fact, around two-forty-five in the morning of 6 December 1685, a little girl first saw the light, looking very healthy and robust, baptised in the same bed as she was born."
- Personal : Death : Short Life less than 29 Yrs (Died aged 26)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Savoy (by birth), House of Bourbon (by marriage))