Maria Teresa, Infanta of Portugal
|born on||29 April 1793 at 06:40 (= 06:40 AM )|
|Place||Lisbon, Portugal, 38n43, 9w08|
|Timezone||LMT m9w08 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||09°22' 18°26 Asc. 08°02'|
Portuguese Infanta, the firstborn child of Joao (John) VI of Portugal and Carlota Joaquina of Spain, and heir to the throne of Portugal between 1793 and 1795, until her short-lived brother António Pio was born.
She was married on 13 May 1810 in Rio de Janeiro (where the royal family was exiled because of the Napoleonic wars) to her cousin Infante Pedro Carlos, Prince of Spain and Portugal. She was widowed on 26 May 1812, but soon after gave birth to her only child, a son, Infante Sebastian of Portugal and Spain (1813–75). She married again, in 1838, to her brother-in-law, uncle and longtime ally, Infante Carlos of Spain (1788–1855), whom she viewed as the rightful king of Spain; the widower of her sister Maria Francisca. The second marriage remained childless, but she took care of her stepsons, who were also her nephews and cousins.
She died on 17 January 1874 aged 80 in Trieste, Italy.
- child->parent relationship with João VI, King of Portugal (born 13 May 1767)
- sibling relationship with Ana de Jesus Maria, Infanta of Portugal (born 23 October 1806)
- sibling relationship with Francisco Antonio, Prince of Beira (born 21 March 1795)
- sibling relationship with Isabel Maria, Infanta of Portugal (born 4 July 1801)
- sibling relationship with Maria da Assunção, Infanta of Portugal (born 25 June 1805)
- sibling relationship with Maria Francisca, Countess of Molina (born 22 April 1800)
- sibling relationship with Maria Isabel, Queen Consort of Spain (born 19 May 1797)
- sibling relationship with Miguel I, King of Portugal (born 26 October 1802)
- sibling relationship with Pedro I, Emperor of Brazil (born 12 October 1798)
Sy Scholfield quotes from "Feira da ladra, Volume 4" (Lisbon, 1932), p. 62: "Nasceu no real palácio de N. Senhora da Ajuda às 6 horas e 40 minutos da manhã de 29 de Abril de 1793."
Translation: born in the royal palace of Ajuda at 6:40 in the morning of 29 April 1793.
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (2)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Braganza)