Maria Pia of Savoy, Queen of Portugal
|born on||16 October 1847 at 06:00 (= 06:00 AM )|
|Place||Turin, Italy, 45n03, 7e40|
|Timezone||LMT m7e40 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||22°15' 08°59 Asc. 18°17'|
Portuguese Queen consort as the spouse of King Luís I of Portugal. On the day of her baptism, Pope Pius IX, her godfather, gave her a Golden Rose. Maria Pia was married to Luís on 6 October 1862 in Lisbon. They had two sons: Carlos I of Portugal and Infante Afonso, Duke of Porto. She was the grand mistress of the Order of Saint Isabel. She died on 5 July 1911, aged 63.
- parent->child relationship with Afonso, Duke of Oporto (born 31 July 1865)
- parent->child relationship with Carlos I, King of Portugal (born 28 September 1863)
- child->parent relationship with Adelheid, Queen of Sardinia (born 3 June 1822)
- child->parent relationship with Vittorio Emanuele II, King of Italy (born 14 March 1820)
- spouse relationship with Luís I, King of Portugal (born 31 October 1838). Notes: 1862-1889
- sibling relationship with Amadeo I, King of Spain (born 30 May 1845)
- sibling relationship with Umberto I, King of Italy (born 14 March 1844)
Sy Scholfield forwarded news report from "Wiener Zeitung," 23 October 1847, p. 2: "Sardinien. Die "Gazz. Piemontese" meldet aus Turin vom 16. Oktober: Wir beeilen uns anzuzeigen, daß Ihre königl. Hoheit die Frau Herzoginn v. Savojen heute um 6 Uhr Morgens von einer Prinzessinn ist entbunden worden."
(Sardinia. The "Gazz[ette] Piedmontese" reports from Turin on 16 October: We hurry to announce that Her Royal Highness, the Lady Duchess of Savoy, at six o'clock this morning was delivered of a princess).
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs (27 years)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Two sons)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Savoy, by birth)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Braganza, by marriage)