Maria Elisabeth, Princess of Saxe-Meiningen
|born on||23 September 1853 at 12:15 (= 12:15 PM )|
|Place||Potsdam, Germany, 52n24, 13e04|
|Timezone||LMT m13e04 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||00°19' 09°02 Asc. 07°02'|
German musician and composer, one of whose most famous works is Romanze in F major for clarinet and piano.
She was the only daughter of Georg II, Duke of Saxe-Meiningen by his first wife Princess Charlotte of Prussia, and had only one surviving brother, Hereditary Prince Bernhard.
As her father was a great patron of the stage and the founder of a national theatre, Maria Elisabeth was raised in this environment, consequently becoming artistic and a great lover of music like her parents. She received a thorough education under the tutelage of Theodor Kirchner, a talented pianist, and under composer and pianist Johannes Brahms, who worked as a music teacher in Meiningen.
At her residence in Berchtesgaden, Maria Elisabeth received a regular circle of artists and encouraged talented singers by financing their education.
Maria Elisabeth died on 22 February 1923 in Obersendling. She never married.
- child->parent relationship with Charlotte, Princess of Prussia (1831) (born 21 June 1831)
- child->parent relationship with Georg II, Duke of Saxe-Meiningen (born 2 April 1826)
- sibling relationship with Bernhard III, Duke of Saxe-Meiningen (born 1 April 1851)
- sibling relationship with Ernst, Prince of Saxe-Meiningen (born 27 September 1859). Notes: Half-siblings
- sibling relationship with Friedrich, Prince of Saxe-Meiningen (born 12 October 1861). Notes: Half-siblings
- sibling relationship with Georg Albrecht, Prince of Saxe-Meiningen (born 12 April 1852)
- (has as) teacher relationship with Brahms, Johannes (born 7 May 1833)
Sy Scholfield forwarded news report from "Fremden-Blatt," 27 September 1853, p. 4: "Potsdam, 24. Sept. Gestern Mittag nach 12 Uhr ward Ihre k. Höh. die Erbprinzeffin von Sachsen-Meiningen, geborene Prinzessin Charlotte von Preußen, im königl. Stadtschloffe zu Potsdam, woselbst Höchstdieselbe seit Kurzem Wohnung genommen, zur großen Freude Ihrer königl. Majestäten, deS hier anwesenden durchl. Gemals und der königl. Familie, von einer gesunden Prinzessin glücklich entbunden." (Potsdam, 24 Sept. Yesterday at noon, after 12 o'clock, the Princess of Saxe-Meiningen, born Princess Charlotte of Prussia, at Potsdam, to the great joy of their Royal Majesties and the Royal Family, was happily delivered of a healthy princess).
- Family : Relationship : Married late/never (Never)
- Family : Parenting : Kids none
- Lifestyle : Financial : Philanthropist
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Saxe-Meiningen)
- Notable : Famous : Socialite (Hosted a circle of artists)