Maria Eleonora von Brandenburg
|born on||11 November 1599 Jul.Cal. (21 Nov 1599 greg.) at 05:00 (= 05:00 AM )|
|Place||Königsberg in Bayern, Germany, 50n06, 10e34|
|Timezone||LMT m10e34 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||28°27' 06°40 Asc. 01°52'|
German princess and queen consort of Sweden.
She was the daughter of John Sigismund, Elector of Brandenburg, and Anna, Duchess of Prussia, daughter of Albert Frederick, Duke of Prussia.
In the year 1620, Maria Eleonora married the Swedish king Gustavus Adolphus with her mother's consent, but against the will of her brother George William, Elector of Brandenburg, who had just succeeded her father. She bore her husband a daughter, Christina (later Queen of Sweden), in 1626.
She was described as the most beautiful queen in Europe, and, as her daughter later said, had "all the virtues and vices" associated with her gender.
Maria Eleonora died on 28 March 1655.
- parent->child relationship with Christina, Queen of Sweden (born 8 December 1626 Jul.Cal. (18 Dec 1626 greg.))
- child->parent relationship with Johann Sigismund von Brandenburg (born 8 November 1572 Jul.Cal. (18 Nov 1572 greg.))
- spouse relationship with Gustavus Adolphus, King of Sweden (born 9 December 1594 Jul.Cal. (19 Dec 1594 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Anna Sophia von Brandenburg (born 17 March 1598 Jul.Cal. (27 Mar 1598 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Georg Wilhelm von Brandenburg (born 3 November 1595 Jul.Cal. (13 Nov 1595 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Joachim Sigismund von Brandenburg (born 25 July 1603 Jul.Cal. (4 Aug 1603 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Katharina von Brandenburg (born 28 May 1602 Jul.Cal. (7 June 1602 greg.))
Sy Scholfield quotes the chronicle of events in "Allgemeine preussische staats-geschichte, samt aller dazu gehörigen königreichs, churfürstenthums, herzogthümer, fürstenthümer, graf- und herrschaften, aus bewährten schriftstellern und urkunden bis auf gegenwärtige regierung," Volumes 3-4, by Karl Friedrich Pauli (C. P. Francken, 1762), p. 591: "Maria Eleonora, geboren zu Konigsberg in Preussen 1599 den 11ten Nov. um 5 Uhr des Morgens." [Translation: Maria Eleonora, born at Konigsberg in Prussia in 1599 the 11th Nov. at 5 o'clock in the morning.]
- Traits : Body : Appearance gorgeous
- Notable : Famous : Royal family