Maria Christina, Queen Consort of Spain
|Birthname||M. C. Henriette Desideria Felicitas Raineria|
|born on||21 July 1858 at 16:00 (= 4:00 PM )|
|Place||Brno, Czech Republic, 49n12, 16e37|
|Timezone||LST m14e26 (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||28°29' 10°27 Asc. 06°12'|
Archduchess of Austria by birth, who was Queen of Spain as the second wife of King Alfonso XII. She was regent during the minority of their son, Alfonso XIII, and the vacancy of the throne between her husband's death and her son's birth.
Known to her family as Christa, she was a daughter of Archduke Karl Ferdinand of Austria and his wife, Archduchess Elisabeth Franziska of Austria.
Maria Christina married King Alfonso XII of Spain on 29 November 1879 in Madrid, and became the mother of his only three legitimate children.
After some weeks of heart disease, she died at the Royal Palace in Madrid on 6 February 1929, aged 70.
- parent->child relationship with Alfonso XIII, King of Spain (born 17 May 1886)
- parent->child relationship with Maria Teresa, Infanta of Spain (born 12 November 1882)
- parent->child relationship with Mercedes, Princess of Asturias (born 11 September 1880)
- child->parent relationship with Elisabeth Franziska, Archduchess of Austria (1831) (born 17 January 1831)
- child->parent relationship with Karl Ferdinand, Archduke of Austria (born 29 July 1818)
- spouse relationship with Alfonso XII, King of Spain (born 28 November 1857). Notes: 1879-1885
- sibling relationship with Eugen, Archduke of Austria (born 21 May 1863)
- sibling relationship with Friedrich, Archduke of Austria-Teschen (born 4 June 1856)
- sibling relationship with Karl Stephan, Archduke of Austria (born 5 September 1860)
- sibling relationship with Maria Eleonora, Archduchess of Austria (born 19 November 1864)
- sibling relationship with Marie Therese, Queen Consort of Bavaria (born 2 July 1849). Notes: Half-siblings
Sy Scholfield forwarded news report from "Fremden-Blatt," 23 July 1858, p. 2: "Ihre kaiserliche Hoheit die Frau Erzherzogin Elisabeth, Gremalin Sr. kaiserlichen Hoheit des Herrn Erzherzogs Karl Ferdinand, ist am 21. Juli Nachmittags um 4 Uhr zu Selowitz in Mähren glücklich von einer Prinzessin entbunden worden." (Her Imperial Highness the Archduchess Elisabeth, wife of His Imperial Highness Archduke Karl Ferdinand, was happily delivered of a princess on the 21st of July at four o'clock in the afternoon at Selowitz in Moravia).
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Heart
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Three)
- Personal : Death : Illness/ Disease