Maria Christina, Duchess of Teschen
|Birthname||Maria Christina Johanna Josepha Antonia|
|born on||13 May 1742 at 23:15 (= 11:15 PM )|
|Place||Vienna, Austria, 48n13, 16e20|
|Timezone||LMT m16e20 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||22°51' 20°35 Asc. 10°51'|
Austrian royalty, called "Mimi." She was the fourth daughter and fifth child of Maria Theresa of Austria and Francis I, Holy Roman Emperor. She was Governor of the Austrian Netherlands from 1781 until 1793.
She married her second cousin Prince Albert of Saxony. The couple was given the duchy of Teschen. In 1780, the couple was appointed joint governors of the Austrian Netherlands. They had only one child, Princess Maria Theresa of Saxony, born around 9 PM on 16 May 1767, who died the day after her birth. The couple then adopted Maria Christina's nephew - son of her brother Leopold and Maria Ludovika of Two Sicilies (both died 1792 very young) - Archduke Karl of Austria.
Maria Christina died on 24 June 1798.
- friend relationship with Isabella, Princess of Parma (born 31 December 1741). Notes: Best friend and confidant
- child->parent relationship with Francis I, Holy Roman Emperor (born 8 December 1708)
- child->parent relationship with Maria Theresa, Holy Roman Empress (born 13 May 1717)
- sibling relationship with Ferdinand, Duke of Breisgau (born 1 June 1754)
- sibling relationship with Johanna Gabriele, Archduchess of Austria (born 4 February 1750)
- sibling relationship with Joseph II, Holy Roman Emperor (born 13 March 1741)
- sibling relationship with Karl Joseph, Archduke of Austria (1745) (born 1 February 1745)
- sibling relationship with Leopold II, Holy Roman Emperor (born 5 May 1747)
- sibling relationship with Maria Amalia, Archduchess of Austria (1746) (born 26 February 1746)
- sibling relationship with Maria Anna, Archduchess of Austria (1738) (born 6 October 1738)
- sibling relationship with Maria Carolina, Queen of Naples and Sicily (born 13 August 1752)
- sibling relationship with Maria Elisabeth, Archduchess of Austria (1737) (born 5 February 1737)
- sibling relationship with Maria Elisabeth, Archduchess of Austria (1743) (born 13 August 1743)
- sibling relationship with Maria Josepha, Archduchess of Austria (born 19 March 1751)
- sibling relationship with Maria Karolina, Archduchess of Austria (1740) (born 12 January 1740)
- sibling relationship with Maria Karolina, Archduchess of Austria (1748) (born 17 September 1748)
- sibling relationship with Marie Antoinette, Queen Consort (born 2 November 1755)
- sibling relationship with Maximilian Franz, Archduke of Austria (born 8 December 1756)
- parent->adopted child relationship with Karl, Archduke of Austria (born 5 September 1771)
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 16 May 1767 at 9:00 PM in Vienna (Birth of daughter, Princess Maria Christina Theresia)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Sy Scholfield quotes "Die Kinder Maria Theresias: Leben und Schicksal in kaiserlichem Glanz" by Charlotte Pangels (Callwey Georg D.W. GmbH, 1983), p. 163: "Um elf Uhr nachts schenkte die Königin einem gesunden Mädchen das Leben. Die Kirchenglocken begannen zu läuten und auf den Basteien rund um Wien wurde die angemessene Anzahl von Kanonenschüssen gelöst. Das vierte Mädchen ..."
Translation: At eleven o'clock at night the queen gave birth to a healthy girl. The church bells began to ring and on the bastions surrounding Vienna, the appropriate number of cannon shots has been resolved. The fourth girl ...
On 5 October 2014, Scholfield adjusted the time to 11:15pm, quoting from "Die Kaisergruft bei den Kapuzinern in Wien" by Cölestin Wolfsgruber (Vienna, 1887), p. 270: "Erzherzogin Marie Christine ... 13. Mai 1742 ... um ¼ nach 11 uhr gegen Mitternacht durch die Geburt einer Prinzessin erfreut."
Translation: Archduchess Marie Christine ... 13 May 1742 ... at a quarter past 11 o'clock near midnight was born a princess."
Daughter's birth data from "Preßburger Zeitung," 20 May 1767, p. 4: "Pressburg, den 20. May. Von Wien haben wir Nachricht: daß Ihre konigl. Hoheit, die Erzherzoginn Maria Christina, den 16ten dies Abend gegen 9 Uhr von einer Prinzeßinn glücklich entbunden worden" (Pressburg, May 20th. From Vienna we have news that Her Highness, the Archduchess Maria Christina, on the 16th in the evening around 9 o'clock was happily delivered of a princess).
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One)
- Family : Parenting : Foster, Step, or Adopted Kids (One)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (One)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Habsburg-Lorraine)