Maria Antonia, Princess of the Two Sicilies
|Birthname||Maria Antonia Anna|
|born on||19 December 1814 at 21:00 (= 9:00 PM )|
|Place||Palermo, Italy, 38n07, 13e22|
|Timezone||LMT m13e22 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||27°23' 25°30 Asc. 21°53'|
Princess of the Two Sicilies by birth and Grand Duchess of Tuscany from 1833 to 1859 as the consort of Leopoldo II. Like other women of her family, she was always called Maria Antonietta, a more common and graceful form of Maria Antonia, and she always signed with this name.
Maria Antonia was the daughter of Francesco I of the Two Sicilies and his wife Maria Isabella of Spain. She was particularly close to her brother the future Ferdinando II of the Two Sicilies who affectionately dubbed her Totò. She was also close to her sister in law, Maria Christina of Savoy who came to the court in 1832.
In 1833, when she was eighteen, Maria Antonia married Leopoldo II, Grand Duke of Tuscany, who was seventeen years older. They were first cousins. Marie Antoinette and Leopoldo had ten children.
She died on 7 November 1898, aged 83, in Gmunden.
- parent->child relationship with Ferdinando IV, Grand Duke of Tuscany (born 10 June 1835)
- parent->child relationship with Johann Salvator, Archduke of Austria (born 25 November 1852)
- parent->child relationship with Karl Salvator, Archduke of Austria (born 30 April 1839)
- parent->child relationship with Ludwig Salvator, Archduke of Austria (born 4 August 1847)
- parent->child relationship with Maria Isabella, Archduchess of Austria (born 21 May 1834)
- child->parent relationship with Francesco I, King of the Two Sicilies (born 19 August 1777)
- child->parent relationship with María Isabella, Queen of the Two Sicilies (born 6 July 1789)
- spouse relationship with Leopoldo II, Grand Duke of Tuscany (born 3 October 1797). Notes: 1833-1870
- sibling relationship with Francesco, Count of Trapani (born 13 August 1827)
- sibling relationship with Luigi, Count of Aquila (born 19 July 1824)
- sibling relationship with Marie-Caroline de Bourbon-Sicile (born 5 November 1798). Notes: Half sisters
Sy Scholfield quotes from "Lemberger Zeitung," 13 February 1815, p. 5: "Das Giornale di Venezia meldet aus Palermo vom 22. Dez.: „Ihre königl. Hoheit die Erbprinzessinn ist am 19. Abends glücklich von einer Prinzessinn entbunden worden." (The Venice Journal reports from Palermo on 22 Dec.: "Her Highness the hereditary princess was happily deliverd of a princess on the evening of the 19th).
A time of 9pm is speculative.
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs (36 years)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One)
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Ten)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 83)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Habsburg-Lorraine, by marriage)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (Bourbon-Two Sicilies, by birth)