Margrethe, Princess of Denmark
|Birthname||Margrethe Françoise Louise Marie Helene|
|born on||17 September 1895 at 21:05 (= 9:05 PM )|
|Place||Gentofte, Denmark, 55n45, 12e33|
|Timezone||MET h1e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||24°39' 09°59 Asc. 19°55'|
Danish princess by birth and a princess of Bourbon-Parma as the wife of Prince René of Bourbon-Parma. Her parents were Prince Valdemar of Denmark and Princess Marie d'Orleans.
She married a Catholic prince, her mother's relative, Prince René of Bourbon-Parma (Schwarzau, 17 October 1894 – Hellerup, Copenhagen, 30 July 1962) on 9 June 1921 in Copenhagen. René and Margrethe had four children.
In June 1951, Margaret was travelling in a car her husband was driving when they ran over a 22-year-old man, Jaja Sorensen, who died soon after being taken to hospital.
The family was relatively poor. They chiefly resided in France, where all of their children were born. In 1939 the family fled from the Nazis and escaped to Spain. From there they went to Portugal and then to the United States. There, in New York, Margrethe made a living making hats while her husband worked at a gas company and her daughter as a shop assistant. They returned to Paris after the war. She died in Copenhagen on 18 September 1992, one day after her 97th birthday, on the 69th birthday of her daughter Anne.
- child->parent relationship with Marie, Princess of Orléans (born 13 January 1865)
- child->parent relationship with Valdemar, Prince of Denmark (born 27 October 1858)
- spouse relationship with René, Prince of Bourbon-Parma (born 17 October 1894). Notes: 1921-1962
- sibling relationship with Aage, Count of Rosenborg (born 10 June 1887)
- sibling relationship with Axel, Prince of Denmark (born 12 August 1888)
- sibling relationship with Erik, Count of Rosenborg (born 8 November 1890)
- sibling relationship with Viggo, Count of Rosenborg (born 25 December 1893)
Sy Scholfield provided report from Hamburger Nachrichten, 18 September 1895, p. 14: "Kopenhagen, den 17. September. (Reut. Bur.) Die Prinzessin Waldemar wurde heute Abend 9 Uhr 5 Min. von einer Prinzessin entbunden."
(Copenhagen, 17 September. (Reut. Bur.) Princess Waldemar was delivered of a princess tonight at 9:05).
- Family : Childhood : Order of birth (Fifth of five)
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs (41 years)
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Four)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 97)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Glücksburg, Denmark, by birth)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Bourbon-Parma, by marriage)