|born on||31 January 1940 at 15:55 (= 3:55 PM )|
|Place||Davenport, Iowa, 41n31, 90w35|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||10°53' 14°37 Asc. 25°58'|
American film, theatre, and television actor and director who won two Emmy Awards for playing Evelyn "Angel" Martin on the 1970s television series The Rockford Files. Margolin was earlier paired with James Garner in the Western series, Nichols (1971–1972), in which he played a character somewhat similar to the Angel character in The Rockford Files. In 1981, Stuart portrayed the character of Philo Sandeen in a recurring role, a Native American tracker, on the series, Bret Maverick.
In 1969 Margolin wrote and co-produced The Ballad of Andy Crocker, an ABC television movie that was one of the first films to deal with the subject matter of Vietnam veterans "coming home".
He won the 1996 DGA Award for children's programming for directing the film Salt Water Moose, and he was nominated again for the same award for directing the 1998 film, The Sweetest Gift. He was also nominated for a DGA Award for drama series direction for a 1991 episode of Northern Exposure entitled "Goodbye to All That".
Margolin wrote several songs for and with longtime friend and singer-songwriter Jerry Riopelle appeared on Riopelle's albums since 1967. Margolin was first associated with Riopelle's late 1960s band the Parade, co-writing many of their songs and playing percussion on various tracks.
By his 1982 marriage to Patricia Dunne Martini, he had three stepchildren: actor Max Martini, costume designer Michelle Martini, and editor/producer/director Christopher Martini.
He was the younger brother of Emmy-winning director/producer/writer Arnold Margolin; both of them lived in Lewisburg, West Virginia. Stuart Margolin has frequently been misidentified as the brother of actress Janet Margolin (1943–1993); the two were not related.
Margolin, his wife, and stepchildren lived on Salt Spring Island in British Columbia, Canada for 22 years. He died on 12 December 2022 at age 82 in Staunton, Virginia.
- associate relationship with Garner, James (born 7 April 1928)
Birth certificate in hand from Sy Scholfield, copy on file.
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Three steps)
- Lifestyle : Home : Expatriate (Canada)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 82)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress
- Vocation : Entertainment : Live Stage
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV series/ Soap star
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Song writer
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Director
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Entertain Producer
- Vocation : Writers : Playwright/ script
- Notable : Awards : Emmy (Two)
- Notable : Awards : Vocational award