|Birthname||Gloria Méndez Ramos|
|born on||19 April 1919 at 11:15 (= 11:15 AM )|
|Place||Mexico City, Mexico, 19n24, 99w09|
|Timezone||LMT m99w09 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||28°37' 16°18 Asc. 21°49'|
Mexican actress, nicknamed "La precoz Glorina," and considered one of the most celebrated female stars of the Golden Age of Mexican cinema. During her career, Marín appeared in about 100 films and television series. She received an Ariel Award nomination for her leading performance in the 1948 film Si Adelita se fuera con otro.
She was a daughter of dancer María Laura Ramos Luna and businessman Pedro Méndez Armendáriz, and a cousin of actor Pedro Armendáriz. She began her career at age six, alongside her mother who ran a theatre company in Mexico City. She also worked later in the Mayab and in the carpa of Santa María la Ribera where the comedian Joaquín Pardavé offered her an opportunity in cinema.
She debuted in the film Los millones de Chaflán (1939). At age 15, she married the official Arturo Vargas (forwarding agent). She made 19 films between 1938 and 1941. She performed with Cantinflas in El gendarme desconocido and met Jorge Negrete in the filming of ¡Ay, Jalisco, no te rajes!. Marín was nominated for a Silver Ariel Award for her performance in Si Adelita se fuera con otro. In 1942, she appeared with Fernando Soler in ¡Que hombre tán simpático!. She also appeared with Arturo de Córdova in the films El conde de Montecristo (1942) and Crepúsculo (1945). She married actor Abel Salazar in Mexico City on 31 May 1958; the couple divorced in 1960.
She won two Diosas de Plata Awards for her work in the movies Mecánica nacional (1972) and Presagio (1974). For 30 years, Gloria starred in several telenovelas like La hiena, Los hermanos Coraje and La maldición de La Blonda, among others. She starred in several stage plays such as Debiera haber obispas, Tan cerca del cielo and La jaula de cristal. Her last notable role was as the Mother Superior in the telenovela Mundo de juguete.
Marín died from emphysema at the Hospital Español in Mexico City on 13 April 1983, six days before her 64th birthday.
- associate relationship with Cordova, Arturo de (born 19 May 1908). Notes: Co-stars
- associate relationship with Pardave, Joaquin (born 30 September 1900)
- associate relationship with Soler, Fernando (born 24 May 1895). Notes: Co-stars
Sy Scholfield provided birth registry entry from Distrito Federal, México archives. Her father's name is not recorded.
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Emphysema
- Personal : Death : Illness/ Disease (Emphysema)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress (Stage, film, TV)
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV series/ Soap star (Telenovelas)
- Notable : Awards : Vocational award
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession (Star of the Golden Age of Mexican cinema)