|Birthname||Raymond Daniel Manczarek, Jr.|
|born on||12 February 1939 at 03:30 (= 03:30 AM )|
|Place||Chicago, Illinois, 41n51, 87w39|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||22°47' 06°45 Asc. 24°12'|
American musician, famous as the key boarder with the rock group "The Doors." He founded the group along with Jim Morison, whom he met in 1965 at UCLA. They rehearsed several months before they were hired as a house band for Whiskey-a-Go-Go for four months.
In 1966, their debut album premiered under the Elektra label and was an instant success due to widespread radio play. The following year, they encountered more success with the huge hit "Light My Fire." Their second album "Strange Days" became a classic.
In 1973, the group disbanded. Manzarek, however, along with Robbie Krieger continued to produce recordings for several different Los Angeles bands. His autobiography came out in June 1998, "Light My Fire."
Manzarek and his wife, Dorothy, have been together since 1967. Their son Pablo, born in 1974, has a band with an album out.
- business associate/partner relationship with Densmore, John (born 1 December 1944)
- business associate/partner relationship with Krieger, Robby (born 8 January 1946)
- business associate/partner relationship with Morrison, Jim (born 8 December 1943)
- friend relationship with McClure, Michael (born 20 October 1932)
- role played of/by MacLachlan, Kyle (born 22 February 1959)
- Social : Joined group 1965 (Founded The Doors)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1966 (Doors premiere, Elektra label)
- Relationship : Marriage 1967 (Dorothy)
- Social : Left group 1973 (The Doors disbanded)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released June 1998 (Autobiography, Light My Fire)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Steinbrecher quotes Garner from Manzarek.
Sy Scholfield quotes same data in Ray Manzarek's book, "Light My Fire: My Life With the Doors" (Berkley Boulevard, 2000): "Chicago, Illinois, the city of my birth -- on February 12, 1939 . . . My time of arrival on this planet was 3:30 A.M., smack dab in the middle of the hour of the wolf, and on Abraham Lincoln's birthday to boot."
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs (Since 1967)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One, lasting)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (One son)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Gain - Financial success in field
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Group/ Duo (Doors)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Instrumentalist (Keyboard)
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Entertain Producer (Music)
- Vocation : Writers : Autobiographer (Light My Fire)
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession
- Notable : Book Collection : Culture Collection