|born on||7 June 1910 at 07:00 (= 07:00 AM )|
|Place||Munich, Germany, 48n08, 11e34|
|Timezone||CET h1e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||15°36' 11°23 Asc. 21°07'|
German author and feature writer from a noted family, she was the fourth of six children of the Nobel Prize–winning author Thomas Mann.
She trained as a pianist and her early attempts at a musical career seemed promising, but were not met with success and she instead pursued a career as a writer. She married in 1939 but lost her husband the following year, when the ship on which they were travelling to Canada was sunk by a German submarine. Later that year she joined her family in Princeton, New Jersey, and was granted US citizenship in 1952.
Between 1954 and 1986, she lived with her partner Antonio Spadaro in Villa Monacone on Capri. This was her most productive time as a writer and her books and several magazine articles were written during this period. After the death of her partner she left Capri and spent her last years until her death with her brother Golo's adopted family in Leverkusen, Germany. She died on 17 March 1992 at age 81.
- child->parent relationship with Mann, Thomas (born 6 June 1875)
- sibling relationship with Mann, Erika (born 9 November 1905)
- sibling relationship with Mann, Golo (born 27 March 1909)
- sibling relationship with Mann, Klaus (born 18 November 1906)
- other kin relationship with Mann, Heinrich (born 27 March 1871). Notes: Uncle/ niece
- Social : Acquired Citizenship 1952 (USA)
Sy Scholfield quotes from Der Zauberer: das Leben des deutschen Schriftstellers Thomas Mann, Volume 2 by Peter De Mendelssohn (S. Fischer, 1996), page 1378: "Tags darauf, am 7. Juni 1910, morgens sieben Uhr, brachte Frau Katia ihr viertes Kind zur Welt, ein Mädchen, das den Namen Monika erhielt."
Translation: On the next day, 7 June 1910, at seven o'clock in the morning Frau Katia gave birth to her fourth child, a girl who was named Monika.
- Family : Childhood : Advantaged
- Family : Childhood : Family noted
- Family : Childhood : Order of birth (Fourth of six)
- Family : Relationship : Widowed
- Lifestyle : Home : Expatriate
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 81)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Instrumentalist (Pianist)
- Vocation : Writers : Columnist/ journalist