Mangun, G. A.
|Birthname||Gerald Archie Mangun|
|born on||11 March 1919 at 09:00 (= 09:00 AM )|
|Place||Union, Indiana, 38n28, 87w26|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||20°00' 21°05 Asc. 23°48'|
American Pentecostal pastor who built one of the largest churches of the United Pentecostal Church International denomination in the city of Alexandria, Louisiana.
During Mangun's almost 60-year tenure as pastor of The Pentecostals of Alexandria, his congregation became known for its music and the Easter production, Messiah. U.S. President Bill Clinton and his wife, Hillary Clinton attended once while he was governor of Arkansas, and Clinton himself made a return visit during his presidency.
G. A. Mangun died on 17 June 2010, aged 91, in Alexandria.
Sy Scholfield provided birth certificate from Indiana archives.
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (One son)
- Personal : Religion/Spirituality : Western
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 91)
- Vocation : Religion : Ecclesiastics/ western