|born on||7 July 1860 at 22:15 (= 10:15 PM )|
|Place||Kalischt, Czech Republic, 49n36, 15e18|
|Timezone||LST m14e26 (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||15°52' 09°05 Asc. 09°40'|
Austrian composer and one of the leading conductors of his generation who is best known for his nine great symphonies. His music is varied and grandiose, for example, his Symphony No.8, written in 1907, takes a thousand musicians to perform.
He had many affairs with women, mostly singers and musicians, until he married Alma Schindler (19 years younger, born 31 August 1879).
Mahler died on 18 May 1911, Vienna, Austria.
- associate relationship with Tchaikovsky, Pyotr Ilyich (born 25 April 1840 Jul.Cal. (7 May 1840 greg.)). Notes: he conducted the first "Eugen Onegin" with much success (Hamburg)
- business associate/partner relationship with Mengelberg, Willem (born 28 March 1871)
- friend relationship with Walter, Bruno (born 15 September 1876)
- parent->child relationship with Mahler, Anna (born 15 June 1904)
- spouse relationship with Mahler, Alma (born 31 August 1879)
- compare to chart of Baker, Janet (born 21 August 1933). Notes: "Kindertotenlieder"
Francesca Snethlage, Nascite di musicisti famoise, p.10, gives 22:15. Penfield collection gives 7pm as a speculative chart.
Mr. Ruud van der Putten of Amsterdam writes, November 1999, "The entire body of Mahler research and biographies state that he was born on July 7, 1860. This is the date that Mahler himself has given on several occasions. This is the date that was put forward by his wife Alma. The only evidence for the contrary comes from his parents, who insisted that he was born on the first day of that month."
Starkman rectified it to 22.16.48 LMT. In 2017, Andrew Ifandis published a rectification study where he compares the 22:15 and 19:00 times, and concludes the 22:15 time as the best fitting one.
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Conductor
- Notable : Book Collection : Culture Collection