|Birthname||René François Ghislain Magritte|
|born on||21 November 1898 at 07:30 (= 07:30 AM )|
|Place||Lessines, Belgium, 50n43, 3e50|
|Timezone||GMT h0e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||29°03' 06°45 Asc. 01°35'|
Belgian painter who was among the greatest creators of poetic images while remaining at the same time consistently realistic. He started as a modernist but became one of the surrealist group with the belief that through ideas and conscious manner one became adept.
Prior to devoting himself to art, he worked as a civil servant.
His childhood was heavily traumatic with the death of his mother when he was 12; she drowned herself with no explanation.
In 1913, Magritte met his wife-to-be for the first time. The couple drifted apart, but eventually re-met in the early '20s and married. In 1927, they moved to Paris but three years later returned to Brussels where they spent the rest of their lives.
Magritte died on 15 August 1967 in Brussels, Belgium.
- associate relationship with Baugniet, Marcel-Louis (born 18 March 1896). Notes: Classmates
- associate relationship with Flouquet, Pierre-Louis (born 21 February 1900)
- associate relationship with Servranckx, Victor (born 26 June 1897)
- friend relationship with Colinet, Paul (born 2 May 1898)
- friend relationship with Nouge, Paul (born 13 February 1895)
- friend relationship with Scutenaire, Louis (born 29 June 1905)
- (has as) protégé relationship with Torczyner, Harry (born 8 November 1910)
- Death of Mother 1911 (Mother suicide by drowning)
B.C. in hand from Steinbrecher
- Family : Childhood : Family traumatic event (Mom suicide)
- Vocation : Art : Fine art artist (Painter)
- Vocation : Politics : Government employee (Civil servant)
- Notable : Book Collection : Culture Collection