|Birthname||Niccolò di Bernardo dei Machiavelli|
|born on||2 May 1469 Jul.Cal. (11 May 1469 greg.) at 23:07 (= 11:07 PM )|
|Place||Florence, Italy, 43n46, 11e15|
|Timezone||LMT m11e15 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||20°58' 02°51 Asc. 11°22'|
Italian statesman, politician, philosopher, historian and theorist who advocated in his political treatise, Il Principe ("The Prince," written about 1513), that the end justifies the means. He has often been called the father of modern political philosophy and political science. His life demonstrated intrigue in political conflicts with the infamous Borgias.
Born to a distinguished family, he worked in the chancellery of the Florentine republic from 1498-1512, then as secretary in charge of war and foreign affairs. Machiavelli introduced conscription in Florence in 1506, preferring to use the native people over the unreliable, expensive mercenary troops. He had administrative and diplomatic duties, traveling to France, Germany and Italy and knew political leaders throughout these countries, including Cesare Borgia.
Machiavelli was accused of conspiracy in 1513, imprisoned and tortured, then banished from Florence. He retired to his farm in San Casciano where he wrote his major works. He returned to Florence in 1520 where he held minor posts under the Medici until his death.
Machiavelli's name is associated with treachery even today with his statement, "The end justifies the means." He notably said that a ruler who is establishing a kingdom or a republic, and is criticized for his deeds, including violence, should be excused when the intention and the result is beneficial.
Machiavelli married Marietta Corsini in 1502. He died on 21 June 1527 at age 58 in Florence, Italy. The term Machiavellian often connotes political deceit, deviousness, and realpolitik.
- friend relationship with Guicciardini, Francesco (born 6 March 1483 Jul.Cal. (15 Mar 1483 greg.))
- compare to chart of Pahlavi, Reza (born 31 October 1960)
- Work : New Career 1498 (Began working as chancellery)
- Relationship : Marriage 1502 (Marietta Corsini)
- Work : Begin Major Project 1506 (Introduced conscription)
- Social : Institutionalized - prison, hospital 1513 (Imprisoned for conspiracy, banished from Florence)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1513 (Noted book, "The Prince")
- Family : Change residence 1520 (Returned to Florence)
Arthur Blackwell found the data in "Vita de Nicolo Machiavelli" and sent it to Fagan, "May 3 at 4 o'clock," given in American Astrology 11/1967. Since May 3 began at sunset by the Florentine calendar, this is still May 2 OS by modern calculations, and four hours after sunset is appropriximately 11:00 PM.
A clipping in hand written in German sent by Gunther Menzer gives 4 May 1469, 4th hour of the night".
In July 2021 Sy Scholfield provided birth record (copy shown at left) from book of baptisms, Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore ("the Duomo"), Florence: "A dì 4 di detto [maggio] 1469... Niccolò Piero e Michele di m. Bernardo Machiavelli, p. di S. Trinita, nacque a dì 3 a hore 4, battezzato a dì 4."
Translation: On 4th of said month [May] 1469... Niccolò Piero Michele son of messer Bernardo Machiavelli, p. of St. Trinita, was born on the 3rd [May] at 4 o'clock, and baptized on the 4th [May].
- Traits : Personality : Liar/ Fraud (Deception and intrigue a way of life)
- Passions : Criminal Perpetrator : Prison sentence (Conspiracy)
- Vocation : Politics : Public office (Administrative, diplomat)
- Vocation : Writers : Textbook/ Non-fiction (Poli-sci)
- Notable : Famous : Historic figure (Political philosophy)
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession
- Notable : Book Collection : American Book