Luitpold, Prince Regent of Bavaria
|Birthname||Luitpold Karl Joseph Wilhelm Ludwig|
|born on||12 March 1821 at 01:53 (= 01:53 AM )|
|Place||Würzburg, Germany, 49n48, 9e56|
|Timezone||LMT m9e56 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||21°11' 05°23 Asc. 18°31'|
Prince Regent of Bavaria from 10 June 1886 until his death on 12 December 1912. He was the de facto ruler due to the incapacity of his nephews, King Ludwig II and King Otto. Luitpold was the third son of King Ludwig I of Bavaria and his wife, Therese of Saxe-Hildburghausen. He was the younger brother of King Maximilian II of Bavaria and of King Otto of Greece. At the age of fourteen Luitpold joined the Bavarian Army and was promoted Captain of the Artillery in 1835. He followed a military career and in 1876 was appointed Field Marshal. On 1 April 1844, in Florence, Luitpold married Archduchess Augusta of Austria. They had four children.
- parent->child relationship with Arnulf, Prince of Bavaria (born 6 July 1852)
- parent->child relationship with Leopold, Prince of Bavaria (born 9 February 1846)
- parent->child relationship with Ludwig III, King of Bavaria (born 7 January 1845)
- parent->child relationship with Therese, Princess of Bavaria (born 12 November 1850)
- child->parent relationship with Ludwig I, King of Bavaria (born 25 August 1786)
- spouse relationship with Auguste Ferdinande, Archduchess of Austria (born 1 April 1825). Notes: 1844-1864
- sibling relationship with Adalbert, Prince of Bavaria (1828) (born 19 July 1828)
- sibling relationship with Adelgunde Auguste, Princess of Bavaria (born 19 March 1823)
- sibling relationship with Alexandra Amalie, Princess of Bavaria (born 26 August 1826)
- sibling relationship with Hildegard, Princess of Bavaria (born 10 June 1825)
- sibling relationship with Mathilde Caroline, Grand Duchess of Hesse (born 30 August 1813)
- sibling relationship with Maximilian II, King of Bavaria (born 28 November 1811)
- sibling relationship with Otto, King of Greece (born 1 June 1815)
Sy Scholfield quotes the German biography "Der Prinzregent: ein Lebensbild aus Stimmen seiner Zeit" [The Prince Regent] by Ludwig Schrott (Süddeutscher Verlag, 1962), p. 8: "Ein dritter Sohn erblickt am 12. März 1821, früh 1 Uhr 53 Minuten, zu Würzburg das Licht der Welt und erhält am gleichen Tage abends 6 Uhr in der Taufe die Namen Luitpold Karl Joseph Wilhelm Ludwig."
Translation: A third son saw the light of day on 12 March 1821 at 1 o'clock 53 minutes in the morning at Würzburg, and the same day at 6 o'clock in the evening was baptized with the names Luitpold Karl Joseph Wilhelm Ludwig.
- Vocation : Military : Military career (Field Marshal)