Luise, Princess of Prussia (1838)
|Birthname||Luise Marie Elisabeth|
|born on||3 December 1838 at 22:45 (= 10:45 PM )|
|Place||Berlin, Germany, 52n29, 13e21|
|Timezone||LMT m13e21 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||11°22' 12°56 Asc. 04°41'|
Prussian Princess as the second child and only daughter of German Emperor Wilhelm I and Augusta of Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach. She was the younger sister of Friedrich III of Germany ("Fritz") and aunt of Wilhelm II of Germany. Luise was seven years younger than Friedrich and two years older than his wife, Victoria, Princess Royal.
Luise was betrothed to Friedrich, Prince Regent of Baden in 1854, and they married on 20 September 1856 at Neues Palais in Potsdam. They had three children.
Because of her status as Grand Duchess, Luise was very involved in her duchy's charitable organizations, particularly issues concerning women. She helped found a welfare charity for women called the Baden Frauenverein, which focused on providing hospitals and homes to children. Luise maintained a correspondence with Florence Nightingale, and she had a lifelong friendship with Clara Barton, whom she met during the Franco-Prussian War.
Luise died on 23 April 1923, aged 84, in Baden-Baden, Weimar Republic. She was the last surviving non-morganatic grandchild of Friedrich Wilhelm III of Prussia.
- friend relationship with Barton, Clara (born 25 December 1821)
- friend relationship with Nightingale, Florence (born 12 May 1820)
- parent->child relationship with Friedrich II, Grand Duke of Baden (born 9 July 1857)
- parent->child relationship with Ludwig Wilhelm, Prince of Baden (born 12 June 1865)
- parent->child relationship with Victoria, Queen Consort of Sweden (born 7 August 1862)
- child->parent relationship with Augusta of Saxony-Weimar-Eisenach (born 30 September 1811)
- child->parent relationship with Wilhelm I, Emperor of Germany (born 22 March 1797)
- spouse relationship with Friedrich I, Grand Duke of Baden (born 9 September 1826). Notes: 1856-1907
- sibling relationship with Friedrich III, Emperor of Germany (born 18 October 1831)
- Relationship : Marriage 20 September 1856 (Friedrich, Prince Regent of Baden)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Sy Scholfield forwarded birth notice from "Augsburger Postzeitung," 1838: "Berlin, den 4. Dez. Gestern Abend um 10 3/4 Uhr sind Ihre kön. Hoheit die Prinzessin Gemahlin Sr. kön. Hoheit des Prinzen Wilhelm von Preußen, Sohnes Sr. Majestät, zur Freude Sr. Majestät und des ganzen königl. Hauses von einer Prinzessin glücklich entbunden worden." (Translation: Berlin, Dec. 4. Last night at 10:45 o'clock Her Highness the Princess consort of His Highness of Prince Wilhelm of Prussia, son of His Majesty, to the delight of His Majesty, was happily delivered of a princess).
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Three)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Philanthropist
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Hohenzollern, Prussia)