Luise, Princess of Prussia (1808)
|Birthname||Luise Auguste Wilhelmine Amalie|
|born on||1 February 1808 at 22:30 (= 10:30 PM )|
|Place||Königsberg/Ostpreussen, Germany, 54n43, 20e30|
|Timezone||LMT m20e30 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||11°55' 10°32 Asc. 12°25'|
Prussian princess by birth and princess of the Netherlands by marriage to Prince Frederik.
Luise was the third surviving daughter and ninth child of Friedrich Wilhelm III of Prussia and Luise of Mecklenburg-Strelitz.
On 21 May 1825 in Berlin, Luise married Prince Frederik, second son of Willem I of the Netherlands. They had four children.
Luise died on 6 December 1870, aged 62, in Pauw Haus, Wassenaar, Netherlands.
- parent->child relationship with Frederik, Prince of Orange-Nassau (1836) (born 22 August 1836)
- parent->child relationship with Louise, Queen of Sweden and Norway (born 5 August 1828)
- parent->child relationship with Marie, Princess of the Netherlands (born 5 July 1841)
- parent->child relationship with Willem, Prince of Orange-Nassau (born 6 July 1833)
- child->parent relationship with Friedrich Wilhelm III, King of Prussia (born 3 August 1770)
- child->parent relationship with Luise, Queen Consort of Prussia (born 10 March 1776)
- spouse relationship with Frederik, Prince of the Netherlands (born 28 February 1797). Notes: 1825-1870
- sibling relationship with Albrecht, Prince of Prussia (1809) (born 4 October 1809)
- sibling relationship with Alexandra Feodorovna, Empress of Russia (born 13 July 1798)
- sibling relationship with Alexandrine, Princess of Prussia (1803) (born 23 February 1803)
- sibling relationship with Carl, Prince of Prussia (born 29 June 1801)
- sibling relationship with Friedrich Wilhelm IV, King of Prussia (born 15 October 1795)
- sibling relationship with Wilhelm I, Emperor of Germany (born 22 March 1797)
Sy Scholfield quotes from Luise: Königin von Preussen; das Buch ihres Lebens by Johannes Thiele (List, 2003), p. 484:
"Am 1. Februar 1808 schenkt die Königin in Königsberg einem Töchterchen - ihrem neunten Kind - das Leben; es wird auf den Namen Luise Wilhelmine getauft. Am nächsten Tag berichtet Marianne ihrem Bruder Ludwig über dieses Ereignis: »Gestern Abend um neun Uhr war ich noch bei der Königin zum Tee. Sie vertraute mir, es sei ihr nicht ganz wohl, aber sie könnte doch noch nichts gewiß sagen; bestätigte es sich aber, so würde sie mich wieder rufen lassen, wenn der König zu Bett wäre, um ihn nicht zu beunruhigen. Aber gerade um halb elf, wie er zu Bett gehen will, ist die kleine Tochter schon da! Heute ist die Königin so wohl, als wäre nichts vorgefallen, so auch gleich die Nacht, wie ich sie sah.«"
(Translation: On 1 February 1808, the queen in Königsberg gave birth to a daughter, her ninth child; baptized with the name of Luise Wilhelmine. The next day, Marianne reported to her brother Ludwig about this event: "Last night, at nine o'clock, I was still at tea with the Queen. She trusted me that she was not quite well, but she could not say anything. But if it were confirmed, she would let me be called again, if the King was to bed, not to worry him. But at half-before eleven [half-past ten], when he wanted to go to bed, the little daughter was already there! Today, the Queen is as good as if nothing had happened since the night I saw her).
Same data in Königin Luise, Briefe der Freundschaft by Kurt Jagow (Koehler & Amelang, 1940), p. 81. Same data in news report in "Groninger courant," 23 February 1808, p. 1: "KONINGSBERGEN den 2 February. Gifter avond om half elf uuren is Haare Majefteit de Koningin van Prüissen gelukkig van een Prinfes bevallen." (at ten-thirty at night).
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs (45 years)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One)
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Four)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Hohenzollern, by birth)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Orange-Nassau, by marriage)