Luise, Archduchess of Austria
|Birthname||Luise Antonia Maria Theresia Josepha Johanna ...|
|born on||2 September 1870 at 10:00 (= 10:00 AM )|
|Place||Salzburg, Austria, 47n48, 13e02|
|Timezone||LMT m13e02 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||09°40' 07°02 Asc. 00°20'|
Austrian Archduchess by birth, she was by marriage Crown Princess of Saxony as the wife of the future King Frederick Augustus III (Friedrich August III).
She was the second child of Ferdinand IV, the last Grand Duke of Tuscany and his second wife, Princess Alice of Bourbon-Parma. Through her mother, she was a great-great-granddaughter of Charles X of France.
She married Prince Frederick Augustus of Saxony at Vienna on 21 November 1891 in a lavish ceremony. Luise fulfilled her royal duties, and bore him six children; however, she did not follow etiquette at the strict Dresden court, which resulted in arguments.
Threatened by her father-in-law with being interned in a mental asylum at the Sonnenstein Castle for life, on 9 December 1902 and with the help of two of her maids, Luise (pregnant with her seventh child) fled from Dresden towards Lake Geneva to meet her elder brother.
Without consulting his son, King Georg of Saxony officially declared the civil divorce of the Crown Princely couple on 11 February 1903 by a special court. She died in poverty as a flower seller on 23 March 1947.
- parent->child relationship with Anna, Princess of Saxony (born 4 May 1903)
- parent->child relationship with Ernst Heinrich, Prince of Saxony (born 9 December 1896)
- parent->child relationship with Friedrich Christian, Margrave of Meissen (born 31 December 1893)
- parent->child relationship with Georg, Prince of Saxony (born 15 January 1893)
- child->parent relationship with Alicia, Grand Duchess of Tuscany (born 27 December 1849)
- child->parent relationship with Ferdinando IV, Grand Duke of Tuscany (born 10 June 1835)
- spouse relationship with Friedrich August III, King of Saxony (born 25 May 1865). Notes: 1891-1903
- sibling relationship with Germana, Princess of Tuscany (born 11 September 1884)
- sibling relationship with Heinrich Ferdinand, Archduke of Austria (born 13 February 1878)
- sibling relationship with Joseph Ferdinand, Archduke of Austria (born 24 May 1872)
- sibling relationship with Leopold Ferdinand, Archduke of Austria (born 2 December 1868)
- sibling relationship with Maria Antonietta, Archduchess of Tuscany (born 10 January 1858). Notes: Half-sisters, shared father
- sibling relationship with Peter Ferdinand, Archduke of Austria (born 12 May 1874)
- sibling relationship with Robert Ferdinand, Archduke of Austria (born 15 October 1885)
- role played of/by Darrieux, Danielle (born 1 May 1917). Notes: 1950 Italian film "Romanzo d'amore"
Sy Scholfield quotes from Salzburger Chronik für Stadt und Land, 2 September 1870, page 4: "Salzburg, 2. September. – Ihre k. Hoheit die hier reſidirende Großherzogin Alice von Toskana wurde heute circa 10 Uhr Vormittag von einer Prinzeſſin glücklich entbunden."
(Translation: Salzburg, 2 September. - Her Highness the retired Grand Duchess Alice of Tuscany was happily delivered of a princess at around 10 o'clock this morning).
- Family : Childhood : Advantaged
- Family : Childhood : Family noted
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Two)
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Eight)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Habsburg-Lorraine)