Ludwig IX, Landgrave of Hesse-Darmstadt
|born on||15 December 1719 at 15:00 (= 3:00 PM )|
|Place||Darmstadt, Germany, 49n53, 8e40|
|Timezone||LMT m8e40 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||23°08' 18°30 Asc. 08°39'|
Landgrave of Hesse-Darmstadt from 1768 to 1790. He was a son of Ludwig VIII, Landgrave of Hesse-Darmstadt, and Charlotte of Hanau-Lichtenberg and Müntzenberg.
On 12 August 1741, Ludwig married Caroline of Zweibrücken, daughter of Christian III, Duke of Zweibrücken. They had three sons and five daughters.
In 1775, Louis married Marie Adelaide of Cheirouze, Countess of Lemberg; no issue. On 6 April 1790 Ludwig died in Pirmasens.
- parent->child relationship with Amalie, Princess of Hesse-Darmstadt (born 20 June 1754)
- parent->child relationship with Friederike Luise, Queen Consort of Prussia (born 16 October 1751)
- parent->child relationship with Ludwig I, Grand Duke of Hesse (born 14 June 1753)
- parent->child relationship with Natalia Alexeievna, Grand Duchess of Russia (born 25 June 1755)
- Relationship : Marriage 1775 (Marie Adelaide of Cheirouze, Countess of Lemberg)
Sy Scholfield quotes from "Historisch-genealogisches Handbuch über alle Linien des hohen Regentenhauses Hessen" by Jacob Christoph Carl Hoffmeister (Scheel, 1861), p. 154: "Ludwig IX., Landgraf, 1768–1790, ein Sohn Ludwigs VIII. (S. 150), geb. zu Darmstadt den 15. December 1719, des Nachmittags 3 Uhr, gest, den 6. April 1790 zu Pirmasens im Elsaß an den Folgen eines Schlagflusses..."
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Two)
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Eight)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Hesse-Darmstadt)