Ludwig III, King of Bavaria
|Birthname||Ludwig Luitpold Josef Maria Aloys Alfried|
|born on||7 January 1845 at 12:00 (= 12:00 noon )|
|Place||Munich, Germany, 48n08, 11e34|
|Timezone||LMT m11e34 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||17°06' 05°24 Asc. 03°48'|
German royalty, the last king of Bavaria, reigning from 5 November 1913 to 13 November 1918. As the eldest son of Prince Luitpold of Bavaria and of his wife, Archduchess Augusta of Austria (daughter of Grand Duke Leopold II of Tuscany), he was a direct descendant of both Louis XIV of France and William the Conqueror. On 20 February 1868, at Vienna, Ludwig married Maria Theresa, Archduchess of Austria-Este. Their happy marriage resulted in thirteen children. He died 18 October 1921, aged 76, in Sárvár, Hungary.
- parent->child relationship with Adelgunde, Princess of Bavaria (born 17 October 1870)
- parent->child relationship with Franz, Prince of Bavaria (born 10 October 1875)
- parent->child relationship with Gundelinde, Princess of Bavaria (born 26 August 1891)
- parent->child relationship with Hildegard Maria, Princess of Bavaria (born 5 March 1881)
- parent->child relationship with Karl, Prince of Bavaria (born 1 April 1874)
- parent->child relationship with Maria Ludwiga Theresia, Princess of Bavaria (born 6 July 1872)
- parent->child relationship with Mathilde, Princess of Bavaria (born 17 August 1877)
- parent->child relationship with Rupprecht, Crown Prince of Bavaria (born 18 May 1869)
- parent->child relationship with Wolfgang, Prince of Bavaria (born 2 July 1879)
- child->parent relationship with Auguste Ferdinande, Archduchess of Austria (born 1 April 1825)
- child->parent relationship with Luitpold, Prince Regent of Bavaria (born 12 March 1821)
- spouse relationship with Marie Therese, Queen Consort of Bavaria (born 2 July 1849)
- sibling relationship with Arnulf, Prince of Bavaria (born 6 July 1852)
- sibling relationship with Leopold, Prince of Bavaria (born 9 February 1846)
- sibling relationship with Therese, Princess of Bavaria (born 12 November 1850)
Sy Scholfield quotes "Ludwig III. von Bayern, 1845-1921: ein König auf der Suche nach seinem Volk" by Alfons Beckenbauer (F. Pustet, 1987), p. 12: "Am 7. Januar 1845 gegen Mittag war er in die Welt getreten und am Tag danach wurde er von dem Erzbischof von München-Freising Lothar Anselm von Gebsattel getauft."
Translation: On January 7, 1845 at noon he had come into the world and the day after he was baptized by the Archbishop of Munich-Freising Lothar Anselm von Gebsattel.
Scholfield also quotes "Liebeshimmel und Ehehöllen: Heiraten zwischen Habsburgern und Wittelsbachern" by Friedrich Weissensteiner (Pustet, 1999), p. 207: "Der königliche Großvater freute sich unbändig über jedes Enkelkind. „Seit gestern Mittag 12 Uhr bin ich endlich Großvater und das von einem Enkel", schrieb er am Tag nach der Geburt Ludwigs an seinen Sohn Otto von Griechenland."
Translation: The royal grandfather rejoiced uncontrollably about each grandchild. "Since yesterday at 12 o'clock noon I'm finally a grandfather to a grandson," he wrote to his son Otto of Greece the day after the birth of Ludwig.
Scholfield later noted that the 8 January 1845 editions of the Munich newspapers Münchener politische Zeitung and Allgemeine Zeitung report his time of birth respectively as "halb 12 Uhr Mittags" (11:30 AM) and "Mittag gegen 12 Uhr" (around 12 Noon) on the 7th.
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Thirteen)
- Vocation : Politics : Heads of state
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Wittelsbach)