Ludwig Günther II, Count of Schwarzburg-Ebeleben
|born on||2 March 1621 Jul.Cal. (12 Mar 1621 greg.) at 07:30 (= 07:30 AM )|
|Place||Ebeleben, Germany, 51n17, 10e43|
|Timezone||LMT m10e43 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||21°54' 19°14 Asc. 28°36'|
German nobleman, a son of Count Christian Günther I of Schwarzburg-Sondershausen (1578-1642) and his wife Anna Sibylle (1584-1623). After his father's death, he and his brothers divided the county. Louis Günther II received the districts Ebeleben, Schernberg, Keula, and the towns of Greußen, Clingen, Großenehrich and Rohnstedt in the Clingen district. He resided in Ebeleben from 1642 until 1666. In 1666, he became guardian and regent for the sons of his brother Anton Günther II, and moved to Arnstadt.
After the death of his nephew John Günther IV, Louis Günther II and his nephews Christian William I and Anton Günther II inherited Upper Schwarzburg-Sondershausen, which they ruled jointly. Louis Günther II died on 20 July 1681 aged 60, without male issue. With his death, the Schwarzburg-Ebeleben line died out, and his territory fell to his nephews.
- child->parent relationship with Christian Günther I, Count of Schwarzburg-Sondersh (born 11 May 1578 Jul.Cal. (21 May 1578 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Anton Günther I, Count of Schwarzburg-Sondershause (born 9 January 1620 Jul.Cal. (19 Jan 1620 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Christian Günther II, Count of Schwarzburg-Sonders (born 1 April 1616 Jul.Cal. (11 Apr 1616 greg.))
- Death, Cause unspecified 20 July 1681 Jul.Cal. (30 July 1681 greg.) (Age 60)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Sy Scholfield quotes from the German book "Diplomatarii et Scriptores Historicæ Germanicæ medii ævi cum sigillis æri incisis opera et studio C. Schoettgenii ... et G.C. Kreysigii, Volume 1" by Christian Schöttgen (1753), p. 712: "Anno 1621. freytags den 2. Martii frühe swischen 7. und 8. Uhren ward Graff Christian Günthern abermahl ein junger Sohn zu Ebeleben gebohren, ... genennet Ludwig Günther."
Translation: "In the year 1621 on Friday 2 March early in the day between 7 and 8 o'clock was born a young son at Ebeleben, ... with the names Ludwig Günther."
Note: 2 March 1621 OS was a Friday.
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Schwarzburg)