Luce, Clare Boothe
|Birthname||Boothe, Ann Clare|
|born on||10 March 1903 at 22:00 (= 10:00 PM )|
|Place||New York, New York, 40n42, 74w00|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||19°22' 17°24 Asc. 08°20'|
American actress, politician, writer, editor and ambassador. Born into genteel poverty, her mom took her into theatrical environs as a kid to work as an actress. By 19, she was a propagandist for the N.O.W. organization, scattering leaflets from an open plane. A writer and magazine editor, she married publisher Henry R. Luce in 1935 and became a war correspondent in WW II. She ran for Congress in 1942, serving for six years and from there the post of U.S. Ambassador to Italy.
Luce died of cancer 10/09/1987, Washington, DC.
- friend relationship with McCain, Roberta (born 7 February 1912)
- spouse relationship with Luce, Henry R. (born 3 April 1898)
- Relationship : Marriage 1935 (To publisher Henry R. Luce)
- Work : Gain social status 1942 (Seat in Congress)
LMR quotes an article in N.Y.Times magazine by her biographer, Sylvia Jukes Morris, "I tracked down her B.C. and found that she was not born on April 10, 1903 but on March 10, and not on Riverside Drive but in the less genteel environms of W. 125th St. I told her about the dates and she stared at me. 'Mom always said I was born at Easter. Anyway, people born under Aires are much more lighthearted and gay than those born under Pisces.'" The biography by Stephen Shadegg gave 10:00 PM, April 10, 1903, Long Island, NY.
Susan Zuber-Chall, A former board director of the Church of Light, confirms this story in June 2000, from a client, Peter Luce, Clair Booth Luce's stepson. He said, "On her death bed Clair began chuckling and when he asked
her what was so funny she replied that for her entire life she had lied about her birth date, that she was really a Pisces and not an Aries as she had led everyone to believe. When Peter asked her why, she replied
that she hated the sign of Pisces, thinking that it was "wishy washy" and she decided that she wanted to become an Aires."
- Traits : Personality : Liar/ Fraud (Lied about age, frivolous lie)
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Cancer (Terminal)
- Family : Childhood : Family traumatic event (Mother, brother and daughter killed in accident)
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs (32 years)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Gain - Money Through Marriage (Henry R. Luce)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 84)
- Vocation : Politics : Activist/ feminist
- Vocation : Politics : Public office (Congresswoman)
- Notable : Book Collection : Profiles Of Women