Louise Margaret, Duchess of Connaught-Strathearn
|Birthname||Luise Margarete Alexandra Viktoria Agnes|
|born on||25 July 1860 at 05:30 (= 05:30 AM )|
|Place||Potsdam, Germany, 52n24, 13e04|
|Timezone||LMT m13e04 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||02°23' 01°50 Asc. 15°22'|
European royalty, born a German princess, and by marriage a member of the British Royal Family, as the wife of Prince Arthur, Duke of Connaught and Strathearn. She also served as the Viceregal Consort of Canada, when her husband served as the Governor General of Canada from 1911 to 1916.
Her father was Prince Friedrich Karl of Prussia (1828–1885), the son of Karl of Prussia (1801–1883) and his wife Princess Marie of Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach (1808–1877). Her mother was Princess Maria Anna of Anhalt (1837–1906), daughter of Leopold IV of Anhalt-Dessau.
On 13 March 1879, Princess Luise Margarete married Prince Arthur, Duke of Connaught and Strathearn at St. George's Chapel Windsor. Prince Arthur was the seventh child and third son of Queen Victoria and Prince Albert of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha. They had three children. After her marriage, she was styled Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Connaught and her name was anglicised as Louise Margaret.
The Duchess of Connaught died of influenza and bronchitis at Clarence House on 14 March 1917. She became the first member of the British Royal Family to be cremated.
- parent->child relationship with Arthur, Prince of Connaught (1883) (born 13 January 1883)
- parent->child relationship with Margaret, Crown Princess of Sweden (born 15 January 1882)
- parent->child relationship with Patricia, Princess of Connaught (born 17 March 1886)
- child->parent relationship with Friedrich Karl, Prince of Prussia (1828) (born 20 March 1828)
- child->parent relationship with Maria Anna, Princess of Anhalt-Dessau (born 14 September 1837)
- spouse relationship with Arthur, Prince of England (born 1 May 1850)
- sibling relationship with Elisabeth Anna, Princess of Prussia (born 8 February 1857)
- sibling relationship with Friedrich Leopold, Prince of Prussia (born 14 November 1865)
- sibling relationship with Marie Elisabeth, Princess of Prussia (born 14 September 1855)
Sy Scholfield quotes Altonaer Nachrichten, 27 July 1860, p. 2: "Berlin. vom 26. Juli. Die Prinzessin Friedrich Karl ist gestern Morgen 5 1/2 Uhr im Marmorpalais bei Potsdam von einer Prinzessin glücklich entbunden worden" (Berlin, 26 July. The Princess Friedrich Karl was yesterday morning at 5:30 o'clock in the Marble Palace near Potsdam happily delivered of a princess).
Previously this entry had 8:10 AM but it is likely that the news was transmitted at this time rather than the birth occurring at this time: "Electricity in the Advance of Time," The Times, 28 July 1860, p. 9: "The young Princess was born at 10 minutes past 8 a.m., but the fact was known at Osborne [by direct telegraph] at 5 minutes past 8! This apparent paradox is explained by the difference of longitude of the two places.
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha (United Kingdom))