|Birthname||LaBruzza, Anthony Louis|
|born on||3 September 1945 at 09:09 (= 09:09 AM )|
|Place||Waterbury, Connecticut, 41n33, 73w03|
|Timezone||EWT h4w (is war time)|
|Astrology data||10°39' 05°19 Asc. 12°59'|
American astrologer who writes under the pen name Anthony Louis, the author of numerous books and articles on astrology and Tarot. At the 1992 UAC convention, he received the Regulus Most Promising Newcomer Award for his book "Horary Astrology," (Llewellyn Publications). His 1996 text, "Tarot Plain and Simple" received critical acclaim and was released in a Spanish language edition in December 1999. He has also written the text for astrological report writers by Halloran software.
Anthony's interest in astrology began in his teens and has continued throughout his life. He is especially interested in horary, electional, vocational, and predictive astrology.
He studied theoretical mathematics in college and graduate school with the goal of becoming a teacher. In 1968, his career was interrupted by the Vietnam war. He entered medical school in 1971 and completed a residency in psychiatry in 1978.
He now works as a practicing psychiatrist, and his areas of expertise include community psychiatry and crisis intervention. He is a strong advocate for patients' rights. His interest in symbolism and dreams led him to pursue training in psychoanalysis in the early 1980s.
He was married on 17 December 1977 to his wife Linda (born 1 May 1944). They have two adopted sons: David (born 8 May 1981) and Aaron (born 24 January 1984). Significant events include the sudden death of his mother (born 26 May 1914) of rheumatic heart disease on 30 August 1953, and the death of his father from Parkinson's disease on 26 June 1999.
In addition to his astrological writing, Anthony has edited and published books on psychiatry, and has translated psychiatric texts from Spanish to English. He is recognized as a gifted teacher who is able to explain complex subjects in a comprehensible and logical manner.
- Social : Joined group 1968 (Fought in the Vietnam war)
- Social : Begin a program of study 1971 (Began medical school)
- Social : End a program of study 1978 (Residency in psychiatry)
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 8 May 1981 (Adopted son David born)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 24 January 1984 (Adopted son Aaron born)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Work : Prize 1992 (UAC Award)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1996 (Book released)
Louis quotes his father's journal, after he had rectified his own chart to 9:05 AM. At that time, he only knew that had been born on Labor Day morning.
Svi: In Llewellyn's Complete Book of Tarot: A Comprehensive Guide (2016) Anthony Louis writes: "Using a technique I found in an astrology book, I calculated that I must have been born around 9:04 in the morning. Years later I found my father’s notebook in the attic and discovered that he had written: “Anthony, born 9:05 AM.”" The same time is given at Horoscopes, Astrology and Charts - StarIQ.com: Born 09/03/1945 09:05 AM in Waterbury, Connecticut.
On 16 October 2020, Louis writes by email: Recently I obtained a copy of my Birth Certificate which gives a time of birth of 9:09 AM EWT. My father's journal has my birth time as 9:05 AM. There is a difference of 4 minutes between the two sources.
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs (Since 1977)
- Family : Parenting : Foster, Step, or Adopted Kids (Adopted two sons)
- Personal : Misc. : Changed name (Pen name)
- Vocation : Computer : Programmer (Astrological software reporting)
- Vocation : Healing Fields : Psychiatrist
- Vocation : Military : Combat (Vietnam war)
- Vocation : Writers : Astrology (Books and articles)
- Vocation : Writers : Publisher/ Editor (Edited psychiatry books)
- Vocation : Writers : Textbook/ Non-fiction (Translations)
- Notable : Awards : Vocational award